X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic Protean 5/Dominate 5 Devotion

Protean 5/Dominate 5 Devotion

An idea I had a bit ago a devotion that lets a elder vampire pour down a persons throat as a gaseous cloud and then possess them, without needing to leave his body vulnerable and subject to destruction

This sound reasonable?

• Nemastoncito
    replied
    Originally posted by PenDragon[*
    The Vampire may use her innate Kindred powers (Physical Intensity, Kindred Senses, Vitae Healing, and Lashing Out) and Disciplines through her victim, with the exception of Possession & Primeval Miasma. She pays for all costs with her own Vitae and Willpower, and no unnatural physical alterations persist after she leaves the victim's body.
    [/I]
    ┬┐So you could transform the victims body with protean? I think this should cause some damage (any form altering power) to the victim). Also sound very strix-like, i love it!

Leave a comment:

• Baaldam
    replied
    On a little aside, an old film that makes for some very nice fodder for Strix stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Nicias
    replied
    Adding this to the repertoire of my Oberloch elders (who appropriately enough are tied to the Strix).

Leave a comment:

• PenDragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Awesome!

Also I think it might be Don the Flesh.

But awesome!
    Hurrrrr dee durp durp, fixed

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    Awesome!

Also I think it might be Don the Flesh.

But awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Curious

This feel more like a gangrel or Ventrue thing

Anyone not from a rare bloodline who learns this devotion is probaly going to great lengths to study out of clan disciplines.

seems to me more a ventrue thing dont see too many gangrel studying dominic that high up just to get a new use for their protean.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    That is awesome!

Leave a comment:

• PenDragon
    replied
    Don the Flesh (Dominate 5, Protean 5)
    Cost: 5 Vitae, 1 Willpower (or 2 Vitae, 1 Willpower if already in Smoke Form)
    Dice Pool: Strength + Brawl + Protean vs Stamina + Blood Potency
    Action: Instant
    Duration: Indefinite (see text)

Transforming into a roiling bloody mist the Vampire invades her victim directly, pouring into him through every available orifice. If this victim is resisting this may require a grapple roll, contested by the victim's Strength + Athletics (representing his ability to get away from the cloud). As such the vampire may wish to mesmerize her subject first, before dawning his flesh. Once within the vampire seizes control of her victim's body, taking it wholly as her own as per Possession (Dominate 5). This functions identically to Possession, save for the following additions.
    • The Vampire may use her innate Kindred powers (Physical Intensity, Kindred Senses, Vitae Healing, and Lashing Out) and Disciplines through her victim, with the exception of Possession & Primeval Miasma. She pays for all costs with her own Vitae and Willpower, and no unnatural physical alterations persist after she leaves the victim's body.
    • She may feed on the victim from within, using his Blood to fuel her. This damages exactly like feeding, and the Vampire can consume up to her Blood Potency in health levels in a single action. Should she ever find herself without the Vitae to wake while still within her victim's body, the vampire will consume him unconsciously.
    • Unlike Possession Dawn the Flesh does not end when the vampire slumbers. Indeed she may slumber within her victim as most Gangrel slumber within the earth. While she sleeps the victim regains full control over himself and his actions, with only foggy recall of what happened during his possession. A wary victim will likely attempt to expel the vampire, therefore it helps to condition victims with triggers and commands before invading their flesh.
    Expelling the Vampire within is extremely difficult. Fire and sunlight do not harm the vampire within, but prolonged exposure to extreme heat may force her into remission (providing a second resistance roll). Barring that exposure to her unique banes can force the Vampire to leave her victim's form, as may certain Kindred abilities (Nightmare or Dominate), and rituals (Blood Sorcery or Scales). In all instances an expelled vampire remains in smoke form unless she deliberately chooses to coalesce.
    This Devotion costs 5 Experiences to learn.
    Last edited by PenDragon; 04-25-2014, 08:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rani Neferet
    replied
    Under the old rules or under B&S?

Under B&S the two disciplines themselves are rather costly. 3 vitae for becoming mist, 1 vitae and 1 willpower for possession. I'd say activate and then make it contingent on the grapple roll as well as the resistance.

Basically you grapple to enter the body of the foe (Str+Brawl vs. Str+Brawl) followed by (Intelligence+Intimidation+Dominate-Resolve) as normal, but requiring both to be successful, even though the resources are spent up front.

I don't think additional vitae is all that necessary beyond the 4 + Willpower.

However I do think mechanics to expel the vampire should be used, though I don't think exorcism is the best way. I'd say that exposing the vampire to any of its banes (including fire) or inflicting physical damage to the 'host' should all be reasons to cause the vampire to be expelled with a successful grapple check by the victim (Involuntary coughing and other biological reactions could also be potential ways to expel the invading entity.

Leave a comment:

• Nicias
    replied
    You could probably model some exorcism techniques off of the normal exorcisms in GMC, just using fire and/or personal banes of the vampire. Saying the vampire is a possessing spirit is maybe inaccurate-ish on a fluff level but mechanically viable.

Important logistical concerns you need to think about include what happens during the day (do they get un-possessed if the vampire doesn't manage to stay awake?), how the possessing vampire can and can't be detected (predator's taint? auspex? scent?), what happens to the victim after a successful exorcism, and (if they know about it) what the user's enemies have developed as countermeasures.

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Originally posted by Furry View Post
    Yes it sounds reasonable but you must take care of the system as well .

Example , first you must turn to mist , then spend 5 vitae to allow the mist enter in the body (it is obviously not myst) , you roll dexterity + intimidation + dominate as an extended action and the victim rolls stamina + trait (if has one) , the vampire must achieve the victim's stamina x 2 successes .

Dramatic failure : the victim ''vomits'' the vampire who is forced to gain his natural form , he may not use powers related to protean or dominate for the rest of the scene , plus the victim gains + 2 bonus to all dominate powers against the specific vampire .

Failure : the vampire fails to posses the victim

Success : the vampire posses the victim and can remain inside for an entire night , while inside the victim he can freely feed from it's vains at no effort and automatically succeed on all dominate rolls against it , if the victim dies the vampire may still remain inside the body but gains no other benefit . the vampire while iside the victim may transfer himself to another host with a mouth to mouth contact , but he has to succeed on a new roll against his new victim . No extra vitae needs to be spent .

Exceptional success : the vampire not only possesses the victim , but may use dominate and majesty powers through it .
    I disagree. Since Primeval Miasma is an Instant action and Possession is a Reflexive action, you shouldn't have to turn to mist before activating the power, you should be able to do both in one turn. However, since Possession requires that the victim have the Mesmerized Condition, I would make that a requirement for the Devotion as well. As for the Vitae cost, I would just combine the costs of both powers. So how I would do it:

Cost: 4 Vitae and 1 Willpower
    Dice Pool: Intelligence + Intimidation + Dominate - victim's Resolve + Stamina
    Requirement: The vampire must have inflicted the Mesmerized Condition on the victim
    Action: Instant
    Duration: 1 night per success

Roll Results:
    Dramatic Failure: The victim rejects the vampire, vomiting her out. He immediately resolves the Mesemerized Condition and regains a point of Willpower.
    Failure: The vampire fails to possess the victim, but remains in his lungs. She can still damage and feed on the victim as described under Primeval Miasma.
    Success: The vampire takes control of the victim as described under Posession. Her body is in mist form inside the victim's lungs and cannot be damaged unless expelled. (insert means of expelling the vampire)
    Exceptional Success: As with a success, but (insert bonus here)

Leave a comment:

• Furry
    replied
    Yes it sounds reasonable but you must take care of the system as well .

Example , first you must turn to mist , then spend 5 vitae to allow the mist enter in the body (it is obviously not myst) , you roll dexterity + intimidation + dominate as an extended action and the victim rolls stamina + trait (if has one) , the vampire must achieve the victim's stamina x 2 successes .

Dramatic failure : the victim ''vomits'' the vampire who is forced to gain his natural form , he may not use powers related to protean or dominate for the rest of the scene , plus the victim gains + 2 bonus to all dominate powers against the specific vampire .

Failure : the vampire fails to posses the victim

Success : the vampire posses the victim and can remain inside for an entire night , while inside the victim he can freely feed from it's vains at no effort and automatically succeed on all dominate rolls against it , if the victim dies the vampire may still remain inside the body but gains no other benefit . the vampire while iside the victim may transfer himself to another host with a mouth to mouth contact , but he has to succeed on a new roll against his new victim . No extra vitae needs to be spent .

Exceptional success : the vampire not only possesses the victim , but may use dominate and majesty powers through it .

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Does a ritual exorcism sound like a reasonable method?

or is that going too far as to say the vampire is now a possessing spirit?

Another idea is that in circumstances of extreme stress, they can spend 3 WP to roll morality trait if they succeed their able to reject the vmapire from their body...

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    Very Strix-like. Considering the high prerequisites, I think it's pretty fair. It would probably cost quite a bit of Vitae, and you might want to include a clause for how someone can expel the user from the victim's body without killing the victim. But the idea is quite cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X