Is Vitae Addiction a Joke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Edited and removed*
    Last edited by Admiral Cheesecake; 03-31-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

*Edited and Removed*
      Last edited by Admiral Cheesecake; 03-31-2018, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
        First, your game is excellent and you might consider doing a write-up and serializing it on a forum someplace. RPG.net perhaps? Anyway, even your synopsis came across as a good read.

You're doing everything right. Why? Because you're planning on the characters becoming vamps. Everyone knows this as they sit down at the table, so the process ahead of time is an appetizer for the main course. Do most "average" mortals encounter such patient/tolerant shadowy bloodsucking monsters before becoming one? Perhaps not... but they also aren't PCs!

--Khanwulf
        I don't know what to say to this other than that I'm humbled by your kind comment good sir. This is my first Vampire The Requiem campaign I'm running myself and I'm still pretty insecure as a storyteller, but this actually makes me feel pretty confident!

Who knows, maybe I'll make a blog about our campaign or something!

Comment

Be careful about burnout. If you are a regular ST/GM/DM, this advice is something you're likely aware of, but if you are new new, then heed it: This hobby can get overwhelming and you don't want to make it work.

With that said, I would read said blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabanese View Post
            Be careful about burnout. If you are a regular ST/GM/DM, this advice is something you're likely aware of, but if you are new new, then heed it: This hobby can get overwhelming and you don't want to make it work.

With that said, I would read said blog.
            I'm a semi-experienced storyteller but I only had experience with Dungeons & Dragons / Pathfinder before this campaign. I started storytelling short campaigns and one-shots about 3 years ago. All of them were Pathfinder or D&D 5e. Then I started storytelling my first real campaign a year ago, also in Pathfinder.

I did play 5 World of Darkness / Chronicles of Darkness campaigns before I started running this current CofD/VTR campaign.

I can say that storytelling a CofD/VTR game is a whole different can of worms, an entirely different beast compared to D&D/Pathfinder. But I enjoy it a lot so far!

Thanks for the burnout warning though. It is indeed something I need to watch out for, which is the reason I haven't made a blog or any such thing yet. But I was thinking about perhaps splitting the load of such a blog and allow my players to write on it, allow them to give their perspective on the campaign. That could be interesting as well, no?

Comment

*Edited and removed*
              Last edited by Admiral Cheesecake; 03-31-2018, 11:22 PM.

Comment

All glory to the wall of text! Blog away, folks--it'll be a good read and there's lots of ways to cover action. I served as accumulator for play reports from two campaigns, once, and blended them into a massive timeline document for a Dark Ages game years ago. Was fun for the group at least, though it's never been posted.

Side advice, in case you feel like you're losing track of the NPCs and what they're doing: look at support tools like the Mythic GME (game-master emulator), and especially the Variations 2 book. It can serve as a third-party voice to support your plotline, or twist it if desired.

--Khanwulf

Comment

*edited and removed*

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Cheesecake View Post

She's a sperg and all the players love her.
                    ‚ÄčDon't do this, even if it's not meant to be used as a slur it is one and it's extremely disrespectful.

Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                    Posts in this color are moderator posts
                    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                    Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

*edited and removed*

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Cheesecake View Post
                        I'm not sure you can be disrespectful to someone who doesn't exist
                        The type of person you were referring to with that word exists in real life and includes a great many people who don't care for the term, least of all when the general use-case is much less affectionate. There are better ways to say that a person is enthusiastic about their interests.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                        Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Tabanese Khanwulf nofather

I finally started the blog. I'll make a thread about it as well. You can find it here: https://cofdvictorianlondon.blogspot.com

I hope you'll read it and have fun with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ventrue Life View Post
                            Tabanese Khanwulf nofather

I finally started the blog. I'll make a thread about it as well. You can find it here: https://cofdvictorianlondon.blogspot.com

I hope you'll read it and have fun with it!

Excellent sir. Bookmarked!

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
                              Excellent sir. Bookmarked!
                              Diddo.

Maybe we can make a character to cameo?

Comment

Working...
                              X