Strix night horrors book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strix night horrors book?

thought on this a while think it would be cool as much attention as 2nd edition gives the strix.

seems too narrow

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Well, considering that they already showed up in a Night Horror book, it is hard for me to believe that if Vampire were to get a 3rd Night Horror book (when other games still have non), it would be about the strix.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        Well, considering that they already showed up in a Night Horror book, it is hard for me to believe that if Vampire were to get a 3rd Night Horror book (when other games still have non), it would be about the strix.
        What do you think it would be about?

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

What do you think it would be about?
          Well, Immortal Sinners has already covered the "elder/dangerous vampires" niche, and Wicked Dead did the all "weird monsters" one (which is going to be further examined in Spilled Blood), so without adding a new "special antagonist splat" I would have written it as dedicated for dangerous vampire covenants (Belial's Brood, I'm looking at you!), vampire hunters and blood cultists (the night's greatest threat), ghouls (when servants go rouge) and perhaps "blood anomalies"- not weird vampires as much as weird things created or powered by Vitae. Things like independent gargoyles, or the Sutina from my homebrew sig, Sunwalking/Gloconda achieving vampires, alchemical monsters brought into life from bloody birthing pits, Malakavia or any other weird condition which vampires could suffer from, or which could be created by chaotic exposure to Vitae.

But again, as Vampire already has two Night Horror books, I wouldn't expect for such book anytime soon.
          Last edited by LostLight; 05-06-2018, 10:37 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

oh on gargoyles?

Can they still be created by vamps like they could be in 1st edition?

I thought they looked COOL.

Comment

The way that I understand it, unless something from 1e was invalidated in 2e, it is still around. So yeah, I assume gargoyles should still be a thing.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

oh my favorite faction the Amanotsukai?

Thought of them a bit.

hows this sound for Cruac?

a 2 or 3 dot ritualy granting a vamp immunity from accidently creating revenants for the rest of the night. Sound appropriate?

Comment

The way that I understand it, unless something from 1e was invalidated in 2e, it is still around. So yeah, I assume gargoyles should still be a thing.
                  So what are these gargoyle things I've heard about? I haven't seen them in any of the 1e books or the 2e books I've read.

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
                    So what are these gargoyle things I've heard about? I haven't seen them in any of the 1e books or the 2e books I've read.
                    Constructs animated by formal or informal blood sorcery — Danse Macabre includes a covenant-agnostic system with some particularly fancy examples.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                    Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

any comments on my idea for anti Revenant Cruac?

Comment

Well, Immortal Sinners has already covered the "elder/dangerous vampires" niche, and Wicked Dead did the all "weird monsters" one (which is going to be further examined in Spilled Blood), so without adding a new "special antagonist splat" I would have written it as dedicated for dangerous vampire covenants (Belial's Brood, I'm looking at you!), vampire hunters and blood cultists (the night's greatest threat), ghouls (when servants go rouge) and perhaps "blood anomalies"- not weird vampires as much as weird things created or powered by Vitae. Things like independent gargoyles, or the Sutina from my homebrew sig, Sunwalking/Gloconda achieving vampires, alchemical monsters brought into life from bloody birthing pits, Malakavia or any other weird condition which vampires could suffer from, or which could be created by chaotic exposure to Vitae.

But again, as Vampire already has two Night Horror books, I wouldn't expect for such book anytime soon.
                        ""blood anomalies"- not weird vampires as much as weird things created or powered by Vitae. Things like independent gargoyles" now this idea I really like, so stuff like Gargoyles, Void Creatures, Cruac Gods, and so on (some of these like Cruac Gods and Void Creatures might be covered as alternate types of vampires in spill blood, because they are).

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                          any comments on my idea for anti Revenant Cruac?
                          Maybe. Seems more like it would do something to them, like make them Crone-influenced revenants or something, rather than eliminating the chance entirely.

Like, thinking about it, it would be spending Experiences so that someone can drain people dry and not have them come back, or kill ghouls and not have them come back. Which seems a very niche thing to be spending Experiences on. I can see reason for someone not to want revenants to come, like if they're wiping out an enemy's lair, but if you're going that far you might as well just be up front about it and lop off their heads or do something else to ensure they don't come back.

Charlee Jacob wrote a beautiful story about vampires who were cursed by the sun in another fashion. The sun actively recruited them, lured them into a dangerous lifestyle and illuminated them with wisdom their minds couldn't control. Then it would turn on them, burning them out. Would be interesting to see something like that in another proto-vampire.
                          Last edited by nofather; 05-08-2018, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah, if a vampire kills someone and doesn't want them to return as revenant, they usually destroy the corpse (or, even a simpler alternative- don't go around and kill people). Having a special rite for it may be nice- but not as effective or easy as setting the corpse on fire or cutting it to pieces.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

thing is the amanotsukai sometimes ritually murder people to cleanse them of impurity allowing them to reincarnate unblemished

And revenants rising gets in the way of that theme.

Comment

Working...
                              X