Strix night horrors book?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic Strix night horrors book?

Strix night horrors book?

thought on this a while think it would be cool as much attention as 2nd edition gives the strix.

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    oh just thought of this a month latter but wondered?

Think its unthemantic for an Amanotsukai Elder whos feeding restrictions become slackened because of the Ecstatic condition to immediately with joy in their heart go about Targeting a mortal for Harai?

Leave a comment:

• Ever Professional
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    Still think a "No Revenent tonight" Ritual is worth discussing When your going out to ritually murder a specific person by draining them dry, is Level 1 on line with that?

Or would a level 2 or 3 ritual be better to give you blanket immunity?
    I feel like if your intention is to murder them anyway, you could find a way to keep them from returning without need of a ritual; decapitation, piercing the heart, etc.

However, I would say that a Level 2 or 3 ritual would be more useful for blanket immunity for the the night, if you don't want to leave things to chance. I'd say level 3 personally because I believe that is when a Cruac practitioner can be immune to staking for the night.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Still think a "No Revenent tonight" Ritual is worth discussing When your going out to ritually murder a specific person by draining them dry, is Level 1 on line with that?

Or would a level 2 or 3 ritual be better to give you blanket immunity?
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-30-2018, 09:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Iceblade44
    replied
    The only way I see that we could get a strix specific book is only if they decide to detail the realm they and possibly vampirism originated from, which they can get to by the Dark Places Embodiment.

While that be very cool it is unlikely given as it is a Lower Depth which normally is a one way trip. Though maybe vampires can be an exception if they figure out a way to open a portal themselves, probably through Blood Sorcery. Still it's unlikely.

Personally tho if they were to give any more info about the place, I wish they canonize a name for it (pls let it be Dis) and connect it to the command Remus told Aulus in Requiem for Rome to dig the Necropolis, that is he said for him to dig all the way to Dis. I just hope that ain't metaphorical.
    Last edited by Iceblade44; 05-30-2018, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    They're kind of the same in 'power,' both dealing with a very specific issue while not granting immunity to other things.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    yes or create a new harai Ritual or something similar.

is a cruac ritual that prevents you from creating revenants for the rest of the night, any more powerful then one granting immunity to staking?

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    thing is the amanotsukai sometimes ritually murder people to cleanse them of impurity allowing them to reincarnate unblemished

And revenants rising gets in the way of that theme.
    You could probably convert one of their Harai rituals to allow that.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    thing is the amanotsukai sometimes ritually murder people to cleanse them of impurity allowing them to reincarnate unblemished

And revenants rising gets in the way of that theme.

Leave a comment:

• LostLight
    replied
    Yeah, if a vampire kills someone and doesn't want them to return as revenant, they usually destroy the corpse (or, even a simpler alternative- don't go around and kill people). Having a special rite for it may be nice- but not as effective or easy as setting the corpse on fire or cutting it to pieces.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    any comments on my idea for anti Revenant Cruac?
    Maybe. Seems more like it would do something to them, like make them Crone-influenced revenants or something, rather than eliminating the chance entirely.

Like, thinking about it, it would be spending Experiences so that someone can drain people dry and not have them come back, or kill ghouls and not have them come back. Which seems a very niche thing to be spending Experiences on. I can see reason for someone not to want revenants to come, like if they're wiping out an enemy's lair, but if you're going that far you might as well just be up front about it and lop off their heads or do something else to ensure they don't come back.

Charlee Jacob wrote a beautiful story about vampires who were cursed by the sun in another fashion. The sun actively recruited them, lured them into a dangerous lifestyle and illuminated them with wisdom their minds couldn't control. Then it would turn on them, burning them out. Would be interesting to see something like that in another proto-vampire.
    Last edited by nofather; 05-08-2018, 02:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Omegaphallic
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    Well, Immortal Sinners has already covered the "elder/dangerous vampires" niche, and Wicked Dead did the all "weird monsters" one (which is going to be further examined in Spilled Blood), so without adding a new "special antagonist splat" I would have written it as dedicated for dangerous vampire covenants (Belial's Brood, I'm looking at you!), vampire hunters and blood cultists (the night's greatest threat), ghouls (when servants go rouge) and perhaps "blood anomalies"- not weird vampires as much as weird things created or powered by Vitae. Things like independent gargoyles, or the Sutina from my homebrew sig, Sunwalking/Gloconda achieving vampires, alchemical monsters brought into life from bloody birthing pits, Malakavia or any other weird condition which vampires could suffer from, or which could be created by chaotic exposure to Vitae.

But again, as Vampire already has two Night Horror books, I wouldn't expect for such book anytime soon.
    ""blood anomalies"- not weird vampires as much as weird things created or powered by Vitae. Things like independent gargoyles" now this idea I really like, so stuff like Gargoyles, Void Creatures, Cruac Gods, and so on (some of these like Cruac Gods and Void Creatures might be covered as alternate types of vampires in spill blood, because they are).

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    any comments on my idea for anti Revenant Cruac?

Leave a comment:

• Satchel
    replied
    Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
    So what are these gargoyle things I've heard about? I haven't seen them in any of the 1e books or the 2e books I've read.
    Constructs animated by formal or informal blood sorcery — Danse Macabre includes a covenant-agnostic system with some particularly fancy examples.

Leave a comment:

• Ever Professional
    replied
    Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    The way that I understand it, unless something from 1e was invalidated in 2e, it is still around. So yeah, I assume gargoyles should still be a thing.
    So what are these gargoyle things I've heard about? I haven't seen them in any of the 1e books or the 2e books I've read.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X