Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about running Danse de la Morte: Mary's Child (Free Introductory Scenario)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about running Danse de la Morte: Mary's Child (Free Introductory Scenario)

Hello there, my name is Isaac, and I'm new to this forum.

I am planning to run an introductory scenario of Vampire: The Requiem for 4 players who played in my Call of Cthulhu game, and this will be the first time I run Vampire: The Requiem. I have chosen Mary's Child, the Free Introductory Scenario published by White Wolf, part of Danse de la Morte, as the introductory scenario.

The thing is, I would like to reflavor some parts of it to suit the players. I would like to make the scenario (especially their introduction) to be more personal to the player characters, instead of making them just wake up together without remembering anything and they need to feed on some passerby.

I would like to ask some suggestion to make it work for the player characters to have some moments for themselves, some personal scenes to make them feel the personal drama. Also, I know that the scenario is set for 4 players with 4 pre-made characters, would it work if they create their own characters from the start?

Thank you.

Originally posted by The Keeper View Post
    The thing is, I would like to reflavor some parts of it to suit the players. I would like to make the scenario (especially their introduction) to be more personal to the player characters, instead of making them just wake up together without remembering anything and they need to feed on some passerby.
    Isn't that more or less the point of the scenario? They don't know where they are, and they don't know why?

I would like to ask some suggestion to make it work for the player characters to have some moments for themselves, some personal scenes to make them feel the personal drama.
    Have you read further into the chronicle? I think that's part 2 or 3. It's set up as a flashback.

If you don't like that, you could rearrange the scenario to have the flashback first.

Also, I know that the scenario is set for 4 players with 4 pre-made characters, would it work if they create their own characters from the start?
    More or less. You need them to be from different clans, but that's it as far as I remember.

Comment

Very coincidental that you mention this because I am running Mary's Child at a convention this weekend. Of course I have updated to 2nd edition and modified the setting a bit (New Orleans is too cliché),

​You CAN easily just run the 2nd part as the beginning, include Edward right away, and then at the end of the 2nd part just run the 1st part instead. So basically just run it chronologically.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerand View Post
        Very coincidental that you mention this because I am running Mary's Child at a convention this weekend. Of course I have updated to 2nd edition and modified the setting a bit (New Orleans is too cliché),

​You CAN easily just run the 2nd part as the beginning, include Edward right away, and then at the end of the 2nd part just run the 1st part instead. So basically just run it chronologically.

Wow! I should've thought of that, that's a good idea! That would give each players their own time to shine. Thank you! Do you think I can run it in 1 session? Like 6 hours?

Comment

Working...
        X