Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fight Carthian Law?

wondered a bit...

idea's how a kindred can defy carthian law.

I think an Invictus tyrant should be able to retake his throne, when mandate from the masses has stripped him down to a stripling.

Is assasinate the instigator of the 'Law' usualy the best optian?

The feeling i get (i'll go reading the core more before going to bed) is that carthians are the best to fight against carthian laws. A Carthian has the best chance of convincing enough other carthians that a particular law is bad that it would be dropped or replaced.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
    Currently playing: Tomb of Annihilation (DnD5e) - Thulwir, Aasimar Circle of Dream Druid.

Comment

With Carthian Lawyers, of course.

I am only half-yukking.

EDIT: Ironically, the best way to fight Carthian Law is to play the Carthian game-curry popular favor and majority backing.

Sean K.I.W. Steele, Freelance Writer
      Work Blog Coming Soon
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Thing is what can an invictus Tyrant, or a Crone do?

since working on approval is almost anathema to them.

just bite it?

Comment

An Invictus would try out buying the majority and reinforcing that with Oaths.

Not much a Law can do if you can't ever pass it. Of course to get to that point the Invictus has to be really savvy and discrete so no one can figure out what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            Thing is what can an invictus Tyrant, or a Crone do?

since working on approval is almost anathema to them.

just bite it?
            A Crone can fight back with Cruac curses and god-invocations, maybe even strike a bargain with a spirit and run around Claimed for a while.

An Invictus might be able to wrangle Oaths from nearly powerful constituents that lets him temporarily play someone else's metaphysical force, but no promises that the Law won't just register them as the offender still.
            Last edited by ArcaneArts; 05-31-2018, 12:25 AM.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

if the blasphemous Carthian has outlawed Cruac what can the Crone do?

Comment

More than one way to call down the Bitch-Mother. Time to get creative. Threnodies at a minimum, as well as alternate means of sorcery, and rapid outsourcing.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

Do threnodies still exist in 2nd edition?

Comment

Do threnodies still exist in 2nd edition?
                    Sure, nothing indicates otherwise.

Work Blog Coming Soon

Comment

not sure if some need adapted

oh!

if an elders stripped down to revenent by Mandate from the masses, can he learn Chary?

Though I think many elders stripped down with Mandate, will try to take out a contract on the Carthians involved.

and in many cases, that may work.

Comment

Gather the Choir, make them invest in Altar and if you're lucky have a Elder Crone with Mother-Goddess Altar and make a big fancy long ritual with a lot of sacrifice that murders the shit out of the Carthian leadership (including the dude that enacted the law). Well this is a pretty white room scenario. Cruac pretty much can do a lot of things.

More civilized, get sway over the carthians. Maybe introduce a threat (or just rumors of one) to the city that only the Crones and their blood magic could deal with.
                        Join the carthian ranks and try to get Plausible Deniability and keep using Cruac. If the Carthians have a Judiciary, talk her over to allow Cruac for some/all to be used.
                        Have the Cronies withdraw from the city and stake out their own domain within the city by electing someone of their own as God-Prince over the new domain, and no more carthian law. However they are probably now in all out war, revolting against their neighboor domain now.
                        Depending on how, and enforced by what merit and NPCs' the Crones might just ignore the law and/or suffer the consequence.
                        Or just use Cruac in their Havens, probably no government is tyrannical enough to enforce the law to the letter inside someones Haven. You're usually Prince over your Haven, unless breaking the Traditions.

Comment

As for the Invictus, violence is not even necessary.
                          As a member of the invictus you do a political favor to one of the bigger carthian factions. Then arrange for things to seem like you are getting an advantage from that faction.
                          Now you only have to watch as the carthians dissolve into in-fightings and claims of ''selling out''.

The invictus probably has entire playbooks of these kinds of scenario that they use when they are bored.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
                          Currently playing: Tomb of Annihilation (DnD5e) - Thulwir, Aasimar Circle of Dream Druid.

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Carthians know that using Carthian law too blatantly as a weapon... can get them in trouble with the prince, if the prince isnt a carthian?

Comment

I think it's safe to say that Carthians know that using Carthian law too blatantly as a weapon... can get them in trouble with the prince, if the prince isnt a carthian?

I'd say that if the Carthians make an attack against the Prince of the City, and don't topple her regime at that moment, they are probably enemies of the State at that point. Their leadership and most involved in the vote for such an action would be subject to a Blood Hunt, at the very least. Trying to strip the Prince powers by Mandate of the Masses is a blatant attack on the regime and such an action requires response in kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X