Bloodlines Coming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlines Coming?

I know for a while there was going to be a book for bloodlines in the new format. Has anyone heard anything or did it get abandoned in favor of VtM 5E development?

VtM5e doesn't seem to have much of an impact on VtR.

You're probably thinking about Spilled Blood, which is in Redlines.

Comment

If you mean for Masquerade, there was one called Lore of the Bloodlines (and in which case you’re in the wrong forum?)

If you mean for Requiem, we’re working on it!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

I meant for VTR 2. I was interested in the sample ones we got a while ago but the. I never heard anything else about them. None of the new books even hint at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Seph038 View Post
          I meant for VTR 2. I was interested in the sample ones we got a while ago but the. I never heard anything else about them. None of the new books even hint at them.
          Spilled Blood is the book you are looking for. And that I am forcing myself to wait patiently for.

Originally posted by Current Projects
          Spilled Blood: Fallen clans, alternate bloodlines, other kinds of vampires. PDF/PoD

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Seph038 View Post
            I know for a while there was going to be a book for bloodlines in the new format. Has anyone heard anything or did it get abandoned in favor of VtM 5E development?

VtR development is unrelated to VtM products even under Onyx Path's roof (save that overlapping writers might obviously impact speed of work I suppose), and VtM 5th Edition isn't under Onyx Path's roof, it's coming from White Wolf/Paradox. You may be remembering how Onyx Path's VtM 4th Edition got shelved because Paradox wanted to do the new edition in-house after acquiring White Wolf from CCP (they decided to count 20th Anniversary edition as 4th Edition to count the new edition as 5th rather than 4th). But everything VtR and Chronicles of Darkness is still coming from Onyx Path, so VtM 5th has no impact on it what-so-ever.
            Last edited by glamourweaver; 06-26-2018, 02:51 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Will they bee converting old bloodlines or Creating new ones first

Want my Galloi Malocians, Gorgons , and yangata.

Comment

We don't know. No info available

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                  VtM5e doesn't seem to have much of an impact on VtR.

You're probably thinking about Spilled Blood, which is in Redlines.

What does "in Redlines" mean exactly? Does that mean we'll see the book released in the next couple months, or more likely in 20+ years?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post

What does "in Redlines" mean exactly? Does that mean we'll see the book released in the next couple months, or more likely in 20+ years?
                    I'd say,7 months. 7 seems like a good number. "Redlines" means that corrections are being made on the drafts. the pen used to make such corrections is red

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowdragon View Post

No and no. Redlines is the developers editing pass on the First Draft. Writers will then go back in to refine their work. Then the book goes through editing, art, and layout. How long each takes depends on the book in question, so it is difficult to try and estimate when a book will be available. Which is, incidentally, why OPP doesn't give estimates.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Odd, for some reason I got the impression that Spilled Blood is something Onyx Path has been working on for a really long time already. I didn't realize it was something they'd only just started. Regardless, I can't wait for it to be released. I wasn't a fan of about 90% of the bloodlines that were in 1e, so having a bunch of new ones in 2e (hopefully) would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                        X