Ways for BP 6+to feed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways for BP 6+to feed?

list all of the Way's youve seen to feed at this blood potency without risking a blood bond

2 Separate Cruac Rites Willful vitae and Blood Price.

Saguinary Invigoration

Oath of Abstinence.

Oath of Serfdom

Oath of Pennance

I'd prefer Oath of pennance and Blood Price

Any advantage to Willful vitae over blood price unless you enjoy hunting yourself?

Aside from just choosing one of the other supernatural character types, Unnatural Affinity: Ghouls is one way you could do it. It's gaming the system a bit, and not every ST would allow it, but I think it could be done in an interesting way, considering that you have to top up your food source once in a while. (It's also mildly against the rules as written, because it's supposed to be "stranger creatures in the World of Darkness".)

The more narrow way of doing it would be to define it as specifically one of the weird ghoul types from Half-Damned.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Finding another BP6+ Vampire (presumably in your Coterie) and getting a full blood bond with each other. Then either feed off of underling Vampires, or embrace and imprison random humans (but bonus points for doing it to Hunters that were after you!), keep them in a secure facility, and have them feed off of your ghouls.

There are some problems there, obviously - you pretty much have to use Dominate, high blood bonds, or some mixture, in order to keep them from killing themselves (or just draining themselves by spending their Vitae).

And, not trying to be offensive, but as an ST and a player the "Unnatural Affinity: Ghouls" idea is absolute rubbish. I would, by far, more readily accept just ignoring the Vampire-only restriction or changing it to be restricted to Ghouls, rather than get behind such an idea.

Comment

There's rumors of a symbol vampires can draw with two circles and two dots to avoid such a bad end, but it might just be an urban legend.

Comment

I agree that ghoul shouldn't sustain a BP 6+ Vampire. This feeding restriction is clearely designed to be a real issue. Something to let an elder become a Monster between Monsters and not anymore just a monster between mortals/sheeps.
          The idea is intriguing and very thematic but I see how it could be hard to handle for PCs.
          But still, 2ed provides plenty of ways to handle it and who reach BP 6+ is supposed to have a solid power basis below him, knowing the right rituals, having followers worshipping him as a God with blood tributes, etc.
          The Perversion is just a way.... the easiest but even the most dangerous one.

Comment

Originally posted by Enokh View Post
            And, not trying to be offensive, but as an ST and a player the "Unnatural Affinity: Ghouls" idea is absolute rubbish. I would, by far, more readily accept just ignoring the Vampire-only restriction or changing it to be restricted to Ghouls, rather than get behind such an idea.
            It worked alright in an elder game I ran, but there were story reasons that I allowed it, and it never felt like the character had a particular advantage over any of the other elders (nor did any other player object, or even comment on it, I should add). It required a lot of juggling when to feed the ghoul and when to feed from the ghoul.

Like I said, it's gaming the system a bit, but I was comfortable with it because it fit with the character and the story, and I trusted the player wasn't going to abuse it. It's not for everyone. But your criticism is noted.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Get protean 1 and let you coterie members spill some blood on the ground for you.
              Werewolf buddy and unnatural affinity is surely the greatest blood supply you can find.
              Otherwise, as you and others have pointed out, there are more then a few ways to get around the restrictions. Even WP and a decent Masque/Dirge can help you out.

Comment

Protean 1 might work better for a Crone Hierophan, as then sacraficing a bit of your blood to him might be seen as perfectly normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

It worked alright in an elder game I ran, but there were story reasons that I allowed it, and it never felt like the character had a particular advantage over any of the other elders (nor did any other player object, or even comment on it, I should add). It required a lot of juggling when to feed the ghoul and when to feed from the ghoul.

Like I said, it's gaming the system a bit, but I was comfortable with it because it fit with the character and the story, and I trusted the player wasn't going to abuse it. It's not for everyone. But your criticism is noted.
                  I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad it worked for you and yours. It just seems OUTRAGEOUSLY easy - spend a Vitae a month, get 15ish a month back (healing times being what they are). Obviously a more...active Ghoul requires more Vitae a month so that they can do neato supernatural things, but there's nothing to stop you from Ghouling secretaries and businesspeople and such (which are still useful information gatherers, in addition to being walking bloodbanks).

Like I said - glad it worked out, I just can't see it without some (for me) weird immersion-breaking rules.

Comment

Oh any unique things Sanctum or Carthians have that would help?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                      list all of the Way's youve seen to feed at this blood potency without risking a blood bond

2 Separate Cruac Rites Willful vitae and Blood Price.

Saguinary Invigoration

Oath of Abstinence.

Oath of Serfdom

Oath of Pennance

I'd prefer Oath of pennance and Blood Price

Any advantage to Willful vitae over blood price unless you enjoy hunting yourself?
                      Was it ever stated that blood price eliminates the threat of blood bond? The ritual description simply says that the ritualist gains the first points of blood that the ritual subject drinks. If the ritual subject drinks from a vampire, then the ritualist is taking blood from a vampire into her system- it seems he is only avoiding the risks associated with acquiring the blood, not ingesting it. I did not think it functioned to avoid blood bonds or addiction.

Comment

Originally posted by Newes View Post

Was it ever stated that blood price eliminates the threat of blood bond? The ritual description simply says that the ritualist gains the first points of blood that the ritual subject drinks. If the ritual subject drinks from a vampire, then the ritualist is taking blood from a vampire into her system- it seems he is only avoiding the risks associated with acquiring the blood, not ingesting it. I did not think it functioned to avoid blood bonds or addiction.
                        I see it much more like a lifeforce (vitae) mistical transfer than a physical blood transfer. I would say no blood bond for sure.
                        What is actually bond you is the vitae ingested and you are not ingesting any vitae.

Comment

There is a changeling token in the core book manuscript that helps the user to refuel their fuel trait.

I'm also point out that an Invictus Oath of Chasity (I think) makes it so you don't have to feed, but at great cost.

Comment

Oath of abstinence does that but consumes half your vitae pool and you CANT feed without breaking the oath also costs a lot of willpower too.

and anything but rising for the night still costs vitae.

So a vampire using it probaly expecting a long sedentary period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                              There's rumors of a symbol vampires can draw with two circles and two dots to avoid such a bad end, but it might just be an urban legend.
                              I’ve heard that by adding two squares to the symbol, the protection it offers can be distributed more effectively throughout the vampire’s entire being. And then there’s the (probably apocryphal) whispers of a ritual involving knives that can extend the symbol’s protection indefinitely.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator

My mod voice is red. I use it so you know when I'm speaking in an official capacity, not as an indication of tone.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                              X