Ways for BP 6+to feed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh on unnatural affinity?

Think Unnatural Affinity Prometheans, Strix, or Psychics works?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      oh on unnatural affinity?

Think Unnatural Affinity Prometheans, Strix, or Psychics works?
      Why wouldn't it?

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

with less then 100 prometheans in the world taking them as your feeding source is a ... questionable judgement.

Psychics are far more plentiful but harder to identify.

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
          Aside from just choosing one of the other supernatural character types, Unnatural Affinity: Ghouls is one way you could do it. It's gaming the system a bit, and not every ST would allow it, but I think it could be done in an interesting way, considering that you have to top up your food source once in a while. (It's also mildly against the rules as written, because it's supposed to be "stranger creatures in the World of Darkness".)

The more narrow way of doing it would be to define it as specifically one of the weird ghoul types from Half-Damned.
          I doubt any ST would allow it, I personally wouldn't. Unnatural Affinity is suppose to EXPAND your Elder's Vitae palate not make it easier to feed.

Comment

with less then 100 prometheans in the world taking them as your feeding source is a ... questionable judgement.

Psychics are far more plentiful but harder to identify.
            Oh, I see. I thought you meant would it be a valid choice, not would it be an effective one.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post
              I doubt any ST would allow it, I personally wouldn't. Unnatural Affinity is suppose to EXPAND your Elder's Vitae palate not make it easier to feed.
              It is, in practice, a marginally more rapid upkeep cost than making and blood-bonding a new childe. Nothing about the functioning of Unnatural Affinity actually gives you more things you are capable of feeding on — the only thing a character with Unnatural Affinity universally gets is that it's not harder for them to gain sustenance from their vessel of choice because their occult physiology treats it as more potent than mortal blood instead of interchangeable with it.

Let's not pretend that the limits of Unnatural Affinity have anything to do with imposing difficulty when the list of viable subjects include zombies. It's there to make it so that you can get around your usual feeding restrictions at the price of different complications.

Resident Lore-Hound
              Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

oh a related Question?

Is it safe to say the rule from 1st edition of BP6+ being dragged into torpor by the sheer potency of their blood, died with Fog of Eternity.

Comment

Yes. You can still voluntarily go into torpor to lower your Blood Potency if there's no vampires around to feed on, or you can be injured into torpor.

Comment

is it reasonable to spend some time at high blood potency even if its taxing on your resources, to acquire 6+ attributes and abilitys, now that 2nd edition just lets you keep them.

Comment

I've always thought that to be an erroneous omission in second edition. Nothing is stated about what happens when you reach the point where you should get to BP11 if that existed. If vampires stay indefinitely at BP10, that should at least warrant an explanation in the book.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post

I am pretty sure that by giving you another option for food, you are making it easier to feed without the fear of blood bond. Though Like satchel said that it just opens another door for complications. If you pick prometheans, there aren't a lot of them. Or a werewolf might rip you apart when you tried. Or a ghost just might not have any blood or life to give you... You're just trading.

I would not allow Unnatural Affinity: Ghoul because it says ghouls are more or less human. And your feeding restrictions say no Humans (unless willpower) They are only paused. It's a template that can be taken away. You can't Undo being a changeling, vampire, werewolf, beast, geist etc ( Unless of course your game is focusing on that, but usually you can't just stop being one of those things like you can a ghoul )

Comment

do psychics or the lucifage qualify?

Comment

do psychics or the lucifage qualify?

Psychics maybe, Lucfiuge definitely; the former is just above humanity, and the latter has literal genetics from demons. They both might provide that extra kick to richness for an elder to digest. Even more importantly, they're both interesting stories; tell me you don't hear "psychic-drinking vampire" and don't immediately imagine an ethereal Dragon parapsychologist who dances from report to report, seeking psychics to shelter, study, and sate her thirst, and "demon-drinker" sounds like outright bragging rights among the Sanctified and Circle of the Crone.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Psychics maybe, Lucfiuge definitely; the former is just above humanity, and the latter has literal genetics from demons. They both might provide that extra kick to richness for an elder to digest. Even more importantly, they're both interesting stories; tell me you don't hear "psychic-drinking vampire" and don't immediately imagine an ethereal Dragon parapsychologist who dances from report to report, seeking psychics to shelter, study, and sate her thirst, and "demon-drinker" sounds like outright bragging rights among the Sanctified and Circle of the Crone.
                              I don't know, I don't think I'd allow Unnatural Affinity to work on anything without its own fuel stat with the Integrity trait. BP 6+ requires a "something else" beyond just blood, and I don't think Psychics or the Lucifuge have that "something else".

proin's Legacy hub

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
                                I don't know, I don't think I'd allow Unnatural Affinity to work on anything without its own fuel stat with the Integrity trait. BP 6+ requires a "something else" beyond just blood, and I don't think Psychics or the Lucifuge have that "something else".
                                Agreed. As a rule of thumb, if it's considered mortal for the purposes of the Assault/Kiss it shouldn't be covered by Unnatural Affinity, imo. I think that's the intention behind the Merit, even if it's not directly stated.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                                X