X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic Ways for BP 6+to feed?

Ways for BP 6+to feed?

list all of the Way's youve seen to feed at this blood potency without risking a blood bond

2 Separate Cruac Rites Willful vitae and Blood Price.

Saguinary Invigoration

Oath of Abstinence.

Oath of Serfdom

Oath of Pennance

I'd prefer Oath of pennance and Blood Price

Any advantage to Willful vitae over blood price unless you enjoy hunting yourself?

• wyrdhamster
    replied
    Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
    Aside from just choosing one of the other supernatural character types, Unnatural Affinity: Ghouls is one way you could do it. It's gaming the system a bit, and not every ST would allow it, but I think it could be done in an interesting way, considering that you have to top up your food source once in a while. (It's also mildly against the rules as written, because it's supposed to be "stranger creatures in the World of Darkness".)
    As I run only vampires NPCs in setting - I'm totally fine with this idea. It would make vampire Elder VERY dedicated to his half-human Ghoul lover - almost like Prince Luna in Kindred the Embrace TV series. PERFECT for Elder Deava, I must add.

And now make your Ghoul lover also your Touchstone - and you are wrangling your own noose on yourself - as you can have 'accident' and drink it till death, one time...

Leave a comment:

• Azenogoth
    replied
    If you have a Domain, that becomes your vassals' problem.

Leave a comment:

• Rathamus
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    I have to agree.

Whats it like for an acolyte to suddenly , briefly be able to feed on mortals again because of the Ecstatic condition?
    I would imagine it feels... ecstatic!
    There you are, dancing and chanting, it's difficult to keep your footing with all of the bodies bumping each other as they gyrate to the beat. As the music and chanting build to a crescendo, you feel a wave of overwhelming joy and excitement wash over you! It is invigorating and uplifting, it is Her blessing, and you swear you just felt your heart throb in your chest!
    After a couple short moments, the high begins to fade and now you are hungry. You grab another body, one of the sweaty ones, and give her the Kiss. The richness of her blood far exceeds the dull wooden flavor you were expecting, and so you maintain the embrace just a little longer, and drink a little deeper.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Thats probaly more a hint of potential Coils, waiting to be created, then anything else.

Leave a comment:

• NineDaysDead
    replied
    Find some way to regularly gain a load of willpower:
    Originally posted by V:tR 2nd Ed page 89; Section Blood Potency
    At six dots of Blood Potency, she can only gain nourishment from the blood of the unnatural. Usually, this means other vampires (some Kindred can feed from other creatures, with the Unnatural Affinity Merit, see p. 114). If a vampire feeds from something beneath her Blood Potency restriction, she must spend a point of Willpower for every Vitae she wishes to consume.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    I have to agree.

Whats it like for an acolyte to suddenly , briefly be able to feed on mortals again because of the Ecstatic condition?

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
    I don't know, I don't think I'd allow Unnatural Affinity to work on anything without its own fuel stat with the Integrity trait. BP 6+ requires a "something else" beyond just blood, and I don't think Psychics or the Lucifuge have that "something else".
    Agreed. As a rule of thumb, if it's considered mortal for the purposes of the Assault/Kiss it shouldn't be covered by Unnatural Affinity, imo. I think that's the intention behind the Merit, even if it's not directly stated.

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Psychics maybe, Lucfiuge definitely; the former is just above humanity, and the latter has literal genetics from demons. They both might provide that extra kick to richness for an elder to digest. Even more importantly, they're both interesting stories; tell me you don't hear "psychic-drinking vampire" and don't immediately imagine an ethereal Dragon parapsychologist who dances from report to report, seeking psychics to shelter, study, and sate her thirst, and "demon-drinker" sounds like outright bragging rights among the Sanctified and Circle of the Crone.
    I don't know, I don't think I'd allow Unnatural Affinity to work on anything without its own fuel stat with the Integrity trait. BP 6+ requires a "something else" beyond just blood, and I don't think Psychics or the Lucifuge have that "something else".

Leave a comment:

• Leliel
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    do psychics or the lucifage qualify?

Psychics maybe, Lucfiuge definitely; the former is just above humanity, and the latter has literal genetics from demons. They both might provide that extra kick to richness for an elder to digest. Even more importantly, they're both interesting stories; tell me you don't hear "psychic-drinking vampire" and don't immediately imagine an ethereal Dragon parapsychologist who dances from report to report, seeking psychics to shelter, study, and sate her thirst, and "demon-drinker" sounds like outright bragging rights among the Sanctified and Circle of the Crone.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    do psychics or the lucifage qualify?

Leave a comment:

• Vitalis
    replied
    Originally posted by Shawarbaaz View Post

I doubt any ST would allow it, I personally wouldn't. Unnatural Affinity is suppose to EXPAND your Elder's Vitae palate not make it easier to feed.
    I am pretty sure that by giving you another option for food, you are making it easier to feed without the fear of blood bond. Though Like satchel said that it just opens another door for complications. If you pick prometheans, there aren't a lot of them. Or a werewolf might rip you apart when you tried. Or a ghost just might not have any blood or life to give you... You're just trading.

I would not allow Unnatural Affinity: Ghoul because it says ghouls are more or less human. And your feeding restrictions say no Humans (unless willpower) They are only paused. It's a template that can be taken away. You can't Undo being a changeling, vampire, werewolf, beast, geist etc ( Unless of course your game is focusing on that, but usually you can't just stop being one of those things like you can a ghoul )

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    I've always thought that to be an erroneous omission in second edition. Nothing is stated about what happens when you reach the point where you should get to BP11 if that existed. If vampires stay indefinitely at BP10, that should at least warrant an explanation in the book.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    is it reasonable to spend some time at high blood potency even if its taxing on your resources, to acquire 6+ attributes and abilitys, now that 2nd edition just lets you keep them.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Yes. You can still voluntarily go into torpor to lower your Blood Potency if there's no vampires around to feed on, or you can be injured into torpor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X