Thought Experiment - Kindred and Bone Marrow Donors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought Experiment - Kindred and Bone Marrow Donors

Here's a thought: suppose a Kindred, while mortal, was a bone marrow donor. Now suppose said Kindred, knowingly or not, feeds on the recipient of her own marrow, effectively feeding on her own still-living blood. What sort of effect might this have on the Kindred? Now the obvious answer is, of course, nothing at all, but in the CoW Occam's Razor takes the back seat to a good story.

So, thoughts?

It is something to ponder for sure. Have you any thoughts yourself?

Comment

I think it's most likely the vessel will get a little bit of the vampires nature in them, maybe they are more likely to become a reverent or remain fertile as a ghoul. It's also possible that drinking your own blood from a different source risks addiction or Vindiculim.

Comment

I'd probably have it do mind games with the sire of the donor, not the donor. Especially if their childe is dead. He'd remember the taste of their blood.

Though it might also be fun to fuck with Cruac and blood sympathy by ghouling the recipient.

Comment

Things I could see happening:
          - addiction to the blood
          - auto - Blush of Life for a scene
          - being treated as Humanity 10 in e.g. regards to sunlight damage
          - being able to reproduce while in auto Blush of life
          - Gaining special Vitae worth twice as much (can fuel costly Disciplines with less vitae)
          - Special Vitae Messing with blood sorcery in wonky ways

Now, even more fun: what happens to the recipient if they get ghouled by the donor and Their Blood And vitae Call Out To Each other? How about a Ghoul with growing Blood Potency? Immunity to this Vinculum and Vitae addiction?
          What about an effectively independent Ghoul whose body Starts producing their own Vitae? Essentially, a daywalker With nearly all the benefits and none of the drawbacks - the local Kindred would react to that, surely (most of all, the Ordo, I imagine, seeing how that is a state close to their goals) so their life would be far from easy.

Comment

Well, dead man's blood is sometimes called as a poison to vampires- sure, in Requiem it is seems to be a myth, but maybe it is because they don't really understand the meaning. It is not the simple blood of a corpse which is an anathema to the Kindred. It is the blood of a dead which lives still. Vampires exist in a paradoxical state, where they are dead yet still live. By drinking their own, living blood, they remember that they are dead- and death is reminded to claim its due.

At least, that's how I'll play it.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              Well, dead man's blood is sometimes called as a poison to vampires- sure, in Requiem it is seems to be a myth, but maybe it is because they don't really understand the meaning. It is not the simple blood of a corpse which is an anathema to the Kindred. It is the blood of a dead which lives still. Vampires exist in a paradoxical state, where they are dead yet still live. By drinking their own, living blood, they remember that they are dead- and death is reminded to claim its due.

At least, that's how I'll play it.
              Maybe not auto-death though. That would be no fun

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post

Maybe not auto-death though. That would be no fun
                I never do auto-death- it is indeed no fun. But I would treat it as some sort of poison- and a strong one. Not sure about the effect. I'm torn between an Inamorata like effect, dhampir like effect and an actual poison which burns out the flesh of the kindred.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                  I never do auto-death- it is indeed no fun. But I would treat it as some sort of poison- and a strong one. Not sure about the effect. I'm torn between an Inamorata like effect, dhampir like effect and an actual poison which burns out the flesh of the kindred.
                  Hmm. How about the Kindred becomes incapacitated by experiencing a sort of 'reverse-Embrace' sensation? The Embrace is traumatic enough, but going through it a second time, backwards? Extremely disorienting, to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                  X