Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How plausible are high humanity Dragons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How plausible are high humanity Dragons?

how workable or unworkable is a high humanity member of the Ordo Dracul?

while the Coils don't Cap humanity like Cruac, engaging in research related to them can degrade humanity something fierce.

Thoughts?

I personally consider a high Humanity Cruac user to be more believable than a high Humanity Dragon. You can only bane out a few activities (which incidentally requires initial Humanity loss), and as you’ve noted, there are far too many activities that are very low on the Humanity scale that Dragons have to engage in routinely for purposes of advancement that the developers have to create numerous special exemption from Humanity loss for specific activities and an entire Mystery that revolves around cheating the Humanity system in order for them to play them for any length of time as the unregenerate bastards the fiction portrays them.

Comment

They're about as disinterested in Humanity as an organization as anyone else is-they just wear it more openly.

Conversely, individual Dragons are just as prone to valuing Humanity as anyone else, within the frame of the context of seeking ot become a better class of monster.

In short, it's just as plausible as with any of the other covenants, but that Humanity would have a clear relationship to what the Ordo's idea of a better class of monster means. Either that or they're are taking a necessary break from their pursuits, perhaps.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
      Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

Comment

Hmmmn think its reasonable for researchers to be amongst those who lear Coil of the Ziva?

because I don't think a bane would help you for doing research on scales

on an embrace modified by coil of the Voivode.s 5th dot?

Comment

Even tough i view the Ordo Dracul at large as a conglomerate of evil™ with mengelesque scientists working on horrible unethical experiments that would scare even Unit 731. There is room in the Ordo Dracul for 'normal' pseudo-science. There's nothing inhuman with feng-shui and astrology and/or using your own body as a conduit of occult energies (well not very much inhuman compared to other experiments). So, even without banes you could make a workable and achievement focused dragon with both status and coils that do not involve himself with the inhumane and inhuman experiments the order is known for.

Comment

It's probably not a coincidence that the two covenants with proprietary powers that directly contribute to loss of Humanity and a commensurate disdain for the trait are simultaneously the least populous and the least likely to be in power in any given city compared to their more secrecy-humanity-and-polity-oriented fellows in the Movement and the Estates.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
            Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

you mean ordo Dracul and Circle of the crone just to make sure?

belials brood feels neglected.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                you mean ordo Dracul and Circle of the crone just to make sure?
                Those are the ones, yes.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
                Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                  Hmmmn think its reasonable for researchers to be amongst those who lear Coil of the Ziva?
                  ​Coil of Ziva is pretty much all about high humanity Dragons

Buttress the Soul
                  When facing Detachment, she may spend Vitae, up to her normal per-turn limit. Every Vitae spent adds one die to resist Detachment.

Enliven the Anima
                  Any time she’d suffer a Condition for Detachment, you may choose to spend a Willpower point to take Raptured instead.

Bleed the Sin
                  Reduce the subject’s next Humanity, Integrity, or similar trait purchase by one Experience per dot of the vampire’s Coil of Ziva. (I'm pretty sure that should be beats rather than Experience)

Siphon the Soul
                  Steal humanity from other vampires

If you also have the 5th dot of Mystery of the Voivode (The Vast Dynasty) then you can do stuff like sire a vampire and pump the degeneration roll with "Buttress the Soul" so you don't lose humanity, if you don't get an Exceptional Success you can use "Enliven the Anima" so you get Raptured instead of Bestial, Competitive, or Wanton, then use "Siphon the Soul" on the new Vampire, plus "Buttress the Soul" and "Enliven the Anima" so you don't lose humanity for this. Once your pool is high enough, you'll gain Humanity faster than you lose it, and can maintain a permanent humanity 10 while being a complete monster.

Comment

despite my concerns on Coil of the Ascendant

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...n-by-outsiders

I think the Amanotsukai at least would be interested in Bleed the sin, as it lets them try to improve a Vampire or mortals mental stability.

And they and the Bak-Ra would probably be more tolerant of "Shedding the Beasts skin" then of "Sun's Forgotten kiss"

Since its evading rather then defying the divine curse on their kindred Nature.
                    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 08-16-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X