A few questions about the old Mythologies book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions about the old Mythologies book

So people, does anyone still use that book? How up to date is it or not? Are the concepts there still raw/fresh or have some (or all) of the ideas in that book been superseded by later and more fleshed out stuff in later works?

It has been quite some time since i last tinkered with setting-building (probably a little before Strix Chronicles, goddamn) and wished to get some input from other people on the book and related stuff, to have some fun tweaking/updating materials of that book, but also to avoid the pitfall of reinventing already existing wheels without meaning to where possible.

- I know for a fact Bloody Mary (described in Mythologies as one of two patrons of Ars Speculorum) got considerable expansion in Danse Macabre at least, with a shadow cult/sub-covenant (and possible tie-ins to the Hedge). A Hollow Mekhet's wandering Ka also play with Mirrors, so another association/connection through that might be possible too.

- I think something like the Imago might have appeared in Danse Macabre too, if memory tricks me not (and it might, really have to check that up).

- Sin-Eaters, Breath Drinkers and Blood Curses, maybe, but i'm far from sure.

- The Blood Gods systems should be quite adaptable into Shadow Cult Initiations and Elder disciplines with some polishing and boost, i guess.

So, anyways, any input or book references - Requiem or not - are more than welcome.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 09-17-2018, 08:52 PM.

The Solace drug is first mentioned in Mythologies, and it gets a sidebar in the Second Edition core. It's also obliquely referred to in Kiss of the Succubus.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post
      The Solace drug is first mentioned in Mythologies, and it gets a sidebar in the Second Edition core. It's also obliquely referred to in Kiss of the Succubus.
      I believe its also in A Thousand Years of Night

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Solace, that's a cool thing i have never played with in my games.... have to check it out. Maybe blend it a little with Lacrima just to make things even more complicated and messy, who knows. Vitae additives/drugs are fun to play with, that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
        X