Making a city [Vampire]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a city [Vampire]

I’ve finnished a three year campaign i was running and im planing on starting another one. I want to put more effort into my world building before the game begins this time around. But im stuck on what locations will be needed.
    It will be set in the modern time inside a city of my own making not yet named, its located in the USA and so far i know that the city will have a harbor district covering the northmost side of the city, a large slum just south of that, a middle income part of the town where majority of the population lives covering the majority of the rest of the city equal in sixe to the harbor district and the slum put together and a scysraper district for the rich and the ventrue right in the center of the mddle income area. It also has a small area where the werewolfs live in the west part of the slums. And a suburbs to the east. A highway will separate the slums from the middle income area.
    Ive added hospitals, a princes court location, and a meeting area for every major clan.
    But what else do you think is good to have a note of?
    Last edited by ExterNial; 10-10-2018, 08:49 AM.

What are the players and PCs interested in? That's a good start, no need to fix a bound of locations that won't come into play.

Nightclubs ( make them distinct and different from each other, better a few flavored out then Bar#21)
    Churches and other places of worship.
    Subway/metro-system if there is one.
    Ethnic quarters of the city.
    Music and art places, and other artistic hang-outs.
    Universities, and other places of higher education, this also includes libraries.
    Stores for different things example , gun-store, fashion store, hardware store etc. (once again, better one hardware store the pcs goes to then 5 different, gives possible npcs interaction and location familiarity and such if you want it)
    Police and other responders
    Newspaper office.
    Underground fighting pen
    Crematorium / morgue

The list goes on. But like figure out where the players and their characters are likely to be moving, living, eating and such and go from there.

Comment

Mortal
      • Police precinct
      • Jail
      • County corner
      • Occult bookstore / curio shop
      • Legal / illegal gambling den (club / boat / underground)
      • Black market (drugs / weapons)
      • Art scene (museum / gallery)
      • Research library
      • Local university or college
      Kindred
      • The official Rack (easy feeding)

Comment

Originally posted by ExterNial View Post
        I’ve finished a three year campaign i was running and im planing on starting another one. I want to put more effort into my world building before the game begins this time around. But im stuck on what locations will be needed.
        Well, what do you expect that extra effort to help you with? What did you enjoy in the previous campaign, what parts might have been lackluster or bothersome, either for you or the players? Any concepts, plots, themes or anything you would like to make a comeback to or perhaps explore from a different take or angle? What new ideas or images have you in mind?

Originally posted by ExterNial View Post
        It will be set in the modern time inside a city of my own making not yet named, its located in the USA and so far i know that the city will have a harbor district covering the northmost side of the city, a large slum just south of that, a middle income part of the town where majority of the population lives covering the majority of the rest of the city equal in size to the harbor district and the slum put together and a scysraper district for the rich and the ventrue right in the center of the mddle income area. It also has a small area where the werewolfs live in the west part of the slums. And a suburbs to the east. A highway will separate the slums from the middle income area.
        Ive added hospitals, a princes court location, and a meeting area for every major clan.
        But what else do you think is good to have a note of?
        Well, what do you have in mind for the city and the parts already mentioned?

Is it a river, lake or coast harbor?

How populous is the city, is it part or not of a metropolitan area with other cities kindred might come to and from to poach for local food?

How do the werewolves fit - or not - in the local kindred politics, do they have allies, contacts, enemies, rivals or anything else among the undead?

Any particular vampire that might have a niche on playing intermediary between them?

Or any other supernaturals like mages, changelings, ghosts, zombies, frankenstein monsters, underwater critters living by the harbor district or any other weirdness, for that matter)?

How old is the city, how old its kindred - any older than the city itself, if so is it native american or a immigrant from another place?

How united or conflicted, large or small are the clans and covenants in the city? Any peculiar absences or weird local group - bloodline, cult, faction, mix of all - that might be getting on the "big 5" space? Any weird local laws or traditions?

Just say whatever comes to your mind as they come and don't worry about answering it all, go with what inspires you and make it grow from there.
        Imagination first, organization second, mechanics a distant third.

If you have the time and/or money, i would suggest checking out Damnation City (Requiem) or Block By Bloody Block (Vigil) for great books on making up your own city, territorial disputes between gangs/kindred coteries/hunter cells and some systems that might be of your interest.
        Last edited by Baaldam; 10-14-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X