torpor and damage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post

Waking up in frenzy would be appropriate, or more precisely, waking up with a frenzy check immediately.

Look, Revenants provide a clear pathway for how to handle a zero-Vitae vamp on waking: they do that every night! The main question, and it's subject to table ruling, is whether the ex-torpic vamp rises fully healed or does so with minimum health. You can go either way as it's appropriate to the story and the level of consequence you want to foist on the characters (NPC or PC).

Suffice to say that regardless, you'll want to feed and the amount of feeding (and it's difficulty) is going to slide from "normal" through "frenzy" to "feeding to heal damage out of penalties while frenzying."

--Khanwulf

yes, I was referring to a full lethal vamp waking up indeed. I would go for letting him keep all the damages he had when he got torpid (if he couldn't heal them up with vitae) and stay awake for just one night like in zombie mode. Any further damage become aggravated as usual and send him back to torpor immediately. Otherwise he has a full night to heal up or become torpid again at dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
      I was pretty sure that was actually in the book somewhere but I can't find it now.
      That was the case in 1e, but in 1e it was also the case that starving into torpor was a process that included gradually filling your Health track with lethal damage before you hit the point of actual torpor, and that entering torpor badly damaged just added an increment to the base time spent in torpor rather than potentially changing the base time altogether. Both editions, meanwhile, have staking as a potential source of indefinite torpor, and 2e includes multiple other means of bringing the vampire back into play besides waiting out the clock.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
        I was pretty sure that was actually in the book somewhere but I can't find it now.
        It's in first edition.

'If the character succumbs to torpor with no Vitae left and has lost all of her Health points to lethal or aggravated damage, she awakens having recovered one Health point as a result of the torpor, which she doesn’t have to pay for with Vitae. In effect, the character recovers this Health point for free, as a result of the stabilizing sleep of torpor.'

Comment

Ah. right.

Personally I'm all in favour of keeping that in.

Comment

I prefer the eternal torpor thing but if something's unsaid in second I'll usually go by first edition.

Comment

Working...
            X