First Vampires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
    If it's truly referencing the Julii then the entire story is complete bullshit since vampires with Clans predated the Julii by at least a millennium.
    Julii Clan was started when Remus became vampire, yes? I'm not sure on Requiem canon as read only corebook.
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 11-29-2018, 11:17 AM.

LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
      If it's truly referencing the Julii then the entire story is complete bullshit since vampires with Clans predated the Julii by at least a millennium.
      Well, the story seems to be specific to the Julii. It's oddly written in that it starts by saying all vampires were without a beast, but immediately shifts to just talking about the Founders.

You could maybe infer that the Strix specifically fixed some kind of flaw in the Julii?

(Also, reading the section a bit more, it specifically mentions Rome.)

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        Julii Clan was started when Remus became vampire, yes? I'm not sure on Requiem canon as read only corebook.
        Maybe. He's kinda a quasi-mythical figure. Remus is claimed to be the sire of Senex, the actual founder of the Camarilla who himself disappeared into Torpor in like 300BCE, and Remus disappeared at least a century before that. All the stories are written as more or less in-character myths and histories., so whether there was actually a vampire called Remus, and whether he was actually the legendary brother of the founder Romulus are open questions.

There's also some terminological issues which might also have confused any later writer. Remus is claimed to be the first 'Kindred' (or a Latin equivalent), though not the first vampire. Also, the RfR era terminology for vampire is itself 'Strix'... so what exactly it would mean for Remus to make a bargain with the 'Strix' is not totally clear.

However, there is one section I've found that is written out of character:

Indeed, one [Strix] spoke to Remus himself as he lay dying; not bargaining with him, as the legends of the Kindred state, but soothing him as he died, knowing well that it was about to seize control of his body.
        Take that as you will. I'm not sure if it means 'control' figuratively, or if it means he was literally possessed by the Strix.

Comment

Yeah, Remus irl was pretty much mythical and among vampires he was the same. The Julii used the term "Kindred" (propinqvus) to refer only to their clan: other vampires were lesser creatures, and no Kindred of the great Founders.

Comment

Working...
          X