Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide to the Night live on DRPG!

Link to the thing.

...just so we don't clog up the other thread that talks generally about upcoming VtR2 books with discussion on this book, a thread for you.

Vampires in Space!

Comment

What's with so many of the Devotions costing obscene amounts instead of using the typical 'half dots +/- 1' formula? Blood Scenting is NOT worth 4 XP, for instance, that's just ridiculous.

Storyteller's Vault Writer
      WoD: Sorcerer's Companion (M:tA)
      CofD: Second Sight: Third Eye (CofD), Crossing the Veil 2e (Co-developer, CofD), Borrowed Power (CofD)

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
        What's with so many of the Devotions costing obscene amounts instead of using the typical 'half dots +/- 1' formula? Blood Scenting is NOT worth 4 XP, for instance, that's just ridiculous.
        This isn't the place for Errata. This is.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

This isn't the place for Errata. This is.
          I wasn't sure if that was an honest mistake or they were purposely ignoring it. But seems you covered it there so we'll see I suppose!

CofD: Second Sight: Third Eye (CofD), Crossing the Veil 2e (Co-developer, CofD), Borrowed Power (CofD)

Comment

I mean if Devotions price aren’t matching up to the Devotion equation given in core then it probably is a mistake

Comment

What's with so many of the Devotions costing obscene amounts instead of using the typical 'half dots +/- 1' formula?
              Your metric for "so many" appears to be "just the one."

Blood Scenting is NOT worth 4 XP, for instance, that's just ridiculous.
              It tells you a vampire character's entire Discipline spread on a regular success at an uncontested and unresisted roll. That's valuable information. It might be only 3 Experiences valuable rather than four, but it's not nothing.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
              Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

I wasn't sure if that was an honest mistake or they were purposely ignoring it. But seems you covered it there so we'll see I suppose!
                When in doubt...stick it in the Errata thread anyways and let the devs decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                  Your metric for "so many" appears to be "just the one."

It tells you a vampire character's entire Discipline spread on a regular success at an uncontested and unresisted roll. That's valuable information. It might be only 3 Experiences valuable rather than four, but it's not nothing.
                  Bend Space costs 5, too (it's 6 total dots). And I thought there was another but going back over it I guess I made a mistake in my first glance through. Sorry for the exaggeration, I guess?

And I never said Blood Scenting is useless or bad or anything, I said it's not worth 4XP. That's good info to know, but 2-3XP is plenty for what it does.

Comment

Blood Scenting is specifically written for the “Crown Games” alternate setting, in which it also allows the user to detect royal blood. In a setting dominated by hereditary monarchies, this is a MAJOR political advantage. (Think about the entire first season of “Game of Thrones,” for example....)

Comment

added to wishlist!

Comment

Originally posted by DSPaul View Post
                        Blood Scenting is specifically written for the “Crown Games” alternate setting, in which it also allows the user to detect royal blood. In a setting dominated by hereditary monarchies, this is a MAJOR political advantage. (Think about the entire first season of “Game of Thrones,” for example....)
                        No, there's two versions of it, one that's setting specific and one that's for any Vampire game.

Comment

Sorry for the newb question, but we have to receive notifications from Onyx Path in order to get the print on demand book? Or is that just a coupon code?

Comment

It's not available for Print on Demand yet, they're collecting errata, then they'll add that in, then make it available for Print on Demand.

Comment

Anyone have brief descriptions of the settings?

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X