Lost Clan and other Elder Clan Banes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Clan and other Elder Clan Banes

In Thousand Years of Night they introduced Elder Clan Banes. I really like the idea and will use them, but I run a semi-historical campaign where a Julii or Akhud may show up. I also include the Jiang Shi. So I want to give Elders of those Clans such Banes but I'm at a loss for ideas. Was hoping to start a convo up and get some inspiration. Help?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Sandman (Neil Gaiman)

The Jiang She curse is that they can't benefit from Feeding conditions right? Elder clans tends to be expansions of the Primary curse. What would be something more detrimental then that, maybe unable use of Blush?

Comment

I ran a Requiem for Rome game where the Julii elder bane was that their Disciplines didn’t work on the Strix/ephemeral brings at all. I don’t know if I’d do that again, but I made it a surprise for the Julii character, so it made for a nice moment of horror.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Question: what is the updated Julii clan weakness? I remember seeing it at least once, but can't find it in the books right now.

Little aside, has anyone tried to make something like a checklist of fallen/extinct clans that have popped up in 2e and some of the late 1e Requiem books?
        It could be a very interesting reference resource, i think.
        Last edited by Baaldam; 11-12-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
          Question: what is the updated Julii clan weakness? I remember seeing it at least once, but can't find it in the books right now.
          Humanity caps Resistance traits against the powers of the Strix and other ephemeral beings.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
            Humanity caps Resistance traits against the powers of the Strix and other ephemeral beings.

That weakness has a very interesting conundrum baked in: the Julii need Humanity to shore up their capacity to resist the powers of the Strix.
            But shoring up their Humanity makes the Strix hate their guts and pester them more.
            The more vulnerabble they are, the less reason the Strix feel to mess with them.
            The Strix - other ephemerals are a whole different matter, obviously.

Anyway, i think that peculiar paradox within the Julii's weakness could be a good starting point to cook ideas on their Elder Bane.

Comment

Should it be assumed that the ones that appear in Thousand Years of Nights are Elder Banes for the broken and rare clans?

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre9924 View Post
                Should it be assumed that the ones that appear in Thousand Years of Nights are Elder Banes for the broken and rare clans?
                While older versions would be the basic ones? Hmmm, could be possible in the Julii's case, but the Akhud one is pretty much the same if memory tricks me not, so wouldn't work like that in their case and then there's the Pijjavica, for whom we only have the weakness from Thousand Years of Nights, afaik. So, problematic overall to implement like that, i guess.

Comment

The Banes for the lost Clans in 1kYoN is the regular Banes. OPP does not make any of their material require any other material other than the core book. This should be doubly true for outdated material.
                  So, none of them have any Elder Banes explained, but at least the Hollow Mekhet specifically doesn't have one.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                  Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

The Pijavica bane includes specifics for Blood Potency greater than 6, and the Mikhailli have two banes listed; it's easy enough to make one of those the standard bane and one the Elder version.

Comment

Elder Banes kicks in at Humanity 3, and are not tied to Blood Potency other than that elders are more likely to have higher Blood Potency. Still, the Pijavica Clan Bane is so prohibitive that I'd skip an Elder version like the Hollow Mekhet.
                      The first Mikhaili is their regular, historical Bane, and the second is that which would apply to both surviving and newly emerging (from Gangrel Embraces gone wrong) Mikhaili. I'd say that surviving Mikhaili in modern nights has both (as they would be elders by necessity, I'm choosing to ignore the Humanity prerequisite) and that new Mikhaili have the second Bane. I don't know what Elder Banes historical Mikhaili would've had nor what modern Mikhaili would have as their Elder Bane. Fortunately the former is limited to historical chronicles in Siberia (unless you want extra elder Mikhaili with three Banes in modern nights) and the latter is unlikely to get an Elder Bane since they're so few and likely ostracised by their supposed Clan mates.
                      Last edited by Tessie; 11-19-2018, 03:18 PM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
                      X