Powers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powers

Generally speaking how many different disciplines does a vampire typically end up with by end game?

Four or five. More if their character is, for whatever reason, interested in getting a lot of disciplines.

Comment

It really, really depends on how long your typical game is, how much the players wants to buy Disciplines instead of other things, and how focused they are on maxing Disciplines before learning new ones.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

There is no limit. It depends on how long such chronicle lasts.

Comment

You can theoretically have a vampires goal is just to master disciplines if you want as a character design, but yeah really it just depends on how long the chronicle goes. As Disciplines and Devotions are divorced from Blood Potency a vampire really does have no limit when it comes to developing their powers if they live long enough.

Comment

For the sake of a concrete example, over a year-long chronicle, where we played every week, my character ended up with two 5-dots, two 3-dots, and a 1-dot. All of them were bloodline/clan Disciplines, and a single in-Mystery Coil of the Dragon. A lot of EXP was going into Disciplines, but I got a fair number of Merits and a few Skill dots here and there.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
            Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

After five years of weekly play, with prolonged sessions, stepped up XP income and many diableries, my character recently managed to gain at least dot in every single Discipline (10+2) and Coil (3) in the core book. That single dot of accidentally diablerised Theban Sorcery without any Rituals will never find any use, though.
              Not that this example is typical in any way.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Talking about this. How many devotions do you guys normally go. Since those are a bit more restrictive to get if you don't have the requirements

Comment

I usually decide that a Vampire has BPx2 + 1 dots in Disciplines and 1 / BP in Devotions. The number of dots I decide based on what the Vampire finds most useful. So some have very few Disciplines with lots of Dots and some have many Disciplines with few dots. But as a general rule, most only have dots in the Disciplines in-Clan / Bloodline.I usually decide that a Vampire has BPx2 + 1 dots in Disciplines and 1 / BP in Devotions. The number of dots I decide based on what the Vampire finds most useful. So some have very few Disciplines with lots of Dots and some have many Disciplines with few dots. But as a general rule, most only have dots in the Disciplines in-Clan / Bloodline.

Comment

Working...
                  X