Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How wells a Predatory elder work for a session?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How wells a Predatory elder work for a session?

an idea.

A predatory elder

who can only sustain himself on kindred blood.

The circle, Order, and Invictus, all have ways around that.

But say the Sanctum or (rarely) Carthians.

Whats one of their elders to do?

My idea is a sanctum elder running around feeding on young acolytes.

Hah that will teach them to defy Longinus!

not sure of best clan.... rules out Daeva and venture as their two aristocratic.

Ideas?

gangrel perhaps? a nosferatu too would work. if you want, there are plenty of bloodlines like the noctoku for inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
      But say the Sanctum or (rarely) Carthians.

Whats one of their elders to do?

My idea is a sanctum elder running around feeding on young acolytes.

Hah that will teach them to defy Longinus!
      The really simple answer to this is "be the instrument of divine revelation and/or damnation that the Testament impels you to be."

Your Predatory Aura is free to use on mortals. It also makes it really easy to get an exceptional success on rolls to exploit its effects and thereby gain a Condition that could well be Inspired. Inspired gives you a Willpower point and reduces the threshold for exceptional success to three successes on relevant rolls.

If there's any appreciable Lance presence in your city you can probably find some firebrand Anointed from which to gain the Raptured Condition, which removes the Willpower cost of riding the wave and makes it so that riding the wave takes three accumulated successes instead of five. Exceptional success on a roll to resist frenzy refunds you any Willpower you spent resisting it, and riding the wave directly equates its potential outcomes with those rolls.

Feeding restrictions are not a hard lockout, but rather a potentially onerous surcharge of one Willpower point per Vitae drawn from sources beneath your means.

This all should paint a certain picture for the vampires who try to cultivate a high rating in the trait that measures their self-control and familiarity with humans.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
      Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

curious how stupid is it for a vamp with high blood potency to risk going low on vitae?

as at BP 6+ he could feed on 2 or 3 mortals before being sated.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          curious how stupid is it for a vamp with high blood potency to risk going low on vitae?

as at BP 6+ he could feed on 2 or 3 mortals before being sated.
          That depends almost entirely on how stupid he is, but "low on Vitae" means the same thing for your baseline regardless of Potency; the hunger never really goes away, it just stops being bad enough to make things directly worse for you for a bit. If he's taking lots of damage regularly then frenzy is sure to follow, which in turn runs the outside chance of a death spiral.

The way feeding restrictions work in 2e is essentially an extra incentive for the Lance to lean into the things that give them Willpower, but the way Disciplines work in 2e mean it's also comparatively easy to go through your typical night-to-night without wrecking your safety margin, particularly when the way feeding works in 2e means the average person can yield two Vitae without any extra complication in the course of normal events.

Theoretically, it's no worse an idea than any other high-Supernatural-Tolerance monster risking getting low on fuel.

Resident Sanguinary Analyst
          Currently Consuming: Changeling: the Lost 1e

Comment

As a high-ranking elder member of the Lance I'd try to set up a cult of personality where my Herd and Flock consists not of mortal followers, but neonates who look up to me as a teacher, a father-figure, a mentor, a saint, or a prophet, etc. I might even incorporate the idea of feeding me 1 Vitae every mass as part of the regular religious practices in my city, to the point that the Laity, or at the very least the Sanctified neonates, consider it absolutely normal and mundane to feed me a drop of their blood every Sunday night.

As an ex-Catholic, I know that it's absolutely normal and even expected for the church to ask for monetary donations from the laity during every Sunday mass, so I don't think asking for donations of blood would be that out of place for the Lancea et Sanctum. You don't need fancy oaths and sorcery if you can simply rely on your religion and personality.

Comment

I know some sanctified might try that but was thinking terrorizing the Acolytes might make for a good sessioin or two.

I attended mass twice but was turned off by Ads for businesses in their buletains.

Comment

Working...
              X