Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a Torpid Kindreds Household to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whats a Torpid Kindreds Household to do?

    his ghouls childer, dhampir children if any.

    How do you see them adapting while hes out of it for months or years?

    if his humanitys high enough hes back in less then a month they wont have needed to do much.

    any ideas?


    especialy if torpor wasn't prepared for but brought on by battle?



  • #2
    I imagine they would do what any reasonable family of vampires would do-cover him in a thick plastic shell, up some clothes on the mannequin and use them as a way to promote style at the fashion store.

    But really, it depends on the group.


    Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
    Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

    Comment


    • #3
      Did this vampire already make arrangements for an associate or group to tend to his ghouls in the event of an emergency such as that?

      Does this vampire have any friends or belong to a dynastic compact?

      Does the domain have a system in place for the inevitable to avoid Masquerade breaches from kindred waking up from torpor years later and going on a mass murdering spree induced by a hunger influenced frenzy or prevent vitae deprived ghouls from attacking kindred if their regnant disappears or dies?


      I’ve used or had issues like this handled differently depending on the setting.

      Comment


      • #4
        In the Nosferatu clan book some ghoul or revenant family serving a particularly old and crazy vampire keep him in a bath tub and, it appears, suck on or eat his flesh for their vitae needs.

        Comment


        • #5
          Is taking your Coterie Mates, Sire or Childes ghouls as YOUR servitors on loan Probaly an acceptable way of dealing with it?
          Last edited by Prince of the Night; 11-29-2018, 11:09 PM.


          Comment


          • #6
            Well if they're in torpor there's not much they can do about it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
              Is taking your Sire or Childes ghouls as YOUR servitors on loan Probaly an acceptable way of dealing with it?
              Unless the sire and childe are at odds, or the vampire and ghoul in question don't get along, I think that would often be the case, although not mandatory.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                Is taking your Coterie Mates, Sire or Childes ghouls as YOUR servitors on loan Probaly an acceptable way of dealing with it?
                So long as no one objects.


                Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

                Comment


                • #9
                  but is it safe to say, that by kindred protocol, you owe someone whos cared for your ghouls childer or dhampir offspring a boon when you awaken? before you can take possession of what is yours again.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    but is it safe to say, that by kindred protocol, you owe someone whos cared for your ghouls childer or dhampir offspring a boon when you awaken? before you can take possession of what is yours again.
                    I doubt it. It'd be a pretty poor boon if you can only use it when the vampire wakes from torpor.

                    Plus, taking hostages isn't exactly a great way to earn trust, bearing in mind that it's to be expected that you'd turn over ghouls and dhampirs to someone you already trust to some degree.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                      So long as no one objects.

                      Well he's not going to object while sleeping off the pain, is he?

                      Anyway, the best answer is probably "it depends." In this case it depends on the relationship between vampires, and whether the torpic fellow feels that his "family" has been taken advantage of in his absence, or shepherded such that he can slot back into society when he rouses.

                      In the former, you might find grudges held and formal complaints. (Note: as a Prince I'd look favorably on a vamp in my domain taking a lost household under wing. Saves the trouble of purging them when they go feral.) In the latter, a boon might be acknowledged.

                      Keep in mind that boons are often public things, noted in the domain so that others are aware you owe someone something. Private boons have no means of enforcement aside from a vampire's decaying sense of personal honor....

                      --Khanwulf

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I want to say "throw a huge rager that trashes dad's/mom's Haven", but that's just the 80's kid in me talking.

                        Srsly tho, considering the stakes, time and resource investment, and tendency for kindred to go full-on wheels-within-wheels in their long term affairs, detailed instructions, contingency plans, and promised rewards are the way I'd go, were I a bloodsucker. Nothing motivates like knowing you'll be inanimate amaranth-bait for years in a fruit cellar somewhere if the kids don't have the savvy to carry on properly without you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Funny thing, higher his humanity, the stronger his personal honor probably is, but smaller the boon he'd owe you


                          if he spent a month or two in torpor, he might thank you profusely for taking care of his household.

                          But will likely give nothing more then a token cash gift.


                          If he spent 40 years in torpor he'll probably only feel so much emotional gratitude, but will owe you a formal boon.


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It really depends. My character in a dynastic compact would have been beaten senseless if she tried to extort a boon from her fellow dynasty member for watching their ghouls and blood dolls while she was in torpor for 6 months for insulting her clan's prisci at the time. As it was, my character had access to the other vampire's herd, her hunting grounds, a skilled ghoul, and a six month break from the annoying tasks typically assigned by her.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post


                              Well he's not going to object while sleeping off the pain, is he?

                              Anyway, the best answer is probably "it depends." In this case it depends on the relationship between vampires, and whether the torpic fellow feels that his "family" has been taken advantage of in his absence, or shepherded such that he can slot back into society when he rouses.

                              In the former, you might find grudges held and formal complaints. (Note: as a Prince I'd look favorably on a vamp in my domain taking a lost household under wing. Saves the trouble of purging them when they go feral.) In the latter, a boon might be acknowledged.

                              Keep in mind that boons are often public things, noted in the domain so that others are aware you owe someone something. Private boons have no means of enforcement aside from a vampire's decaying sense of personal honor....

                              --Khanwulf
                              Well, they might not, but anyone else involved his regular state of affairs might, worth noting.


                              Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                              Currently Working On: Memento Mori(GtSE)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X