X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draconis
    started a topic Homebrew: The Children of Judas

Homebrew: The Children of Judas

Here's my take on the Children of Judas, originally presented in Bloodlines: the Legendary (though this version isn't quite a Bloodline). Content warning: suicide.

• Draconis
    replied
    Thank you! In this case, that's high praise!

Leave a comment:

• Rathamus
    replied
    Wow I never came across the original but that is dark as hell and excellent story fodder if your table can handle it!

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    Thank you both! I'm glad you appreciate it!

Yeah, the Children of Judas are…really fucking dark. I don't think I could ever play one as a PC; this writeup was created for an antagonist NPC in my game. (He's the one who wrote the story about God wanting to die, actually.)

Leave a comment:

• DaemonChrno
    replied
    I really love it. You expanded the theme of the Bloodline while staying true to the original material. I will use it in my games.

Leave a comment:

• Ventrue Life
    replied
    I love grimdark stuff. I love tragedies. And I have a really thick skin. The topic of suicide is close to me, but not so close that I can't handle it. In fact, the 'bent neck lady' arc in The Haunting of Hill House was my favorite arc of that Netflix series. But even I find the Children of Judas... difficult to swallow. That's not your fault of course, because I already didn't like the original write up, and if anything, I think your conversion made them better.

Still, this is not a bloodline I would ever want to play. These guys would make great antagonists, I'd love to play as a mortal enthralled to one of these monsters. But playing one of them would be a little too much for me.

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    (Updated to add a devotion and some potential twists to bring in.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X