Bloodline: the Carnons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodline: the Carnons

The Carnons, aka the Horned Gods, were a mistake. None of them deny this. They were born out of a drug-fueled frenzy after their founder confused Wicca for CrĂșac and tried to channel divine power into his blood. But within half a century, they've spread all across the western hemisphere. Is there more to this minor bloodline than meets the eye?

The Carnons

I. Love. This!!!

Comment

Incredible. It's really good.

Comment

These are my murderous drugged-up idiot children and I love them. Especially since those origin stories are just so obviously exaggerated. Serrated claws that can collapse buildings? Lol. I would hug these numbskulls if I could be sure they wouldn't use the close contact to tear my head off and chug me like a keg.

What stops them from just joining Belial's Brood or getting all hunted down as walking Masquerade breaches, though?
        Last edited by Master Aquatosic; 03-05-2019, 09:45 AM.

A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

Comment

I've really liked the Carnons ever since I first read Circle of the Crone. I'm glad to see them get a 2nd Edition update.

Comment

Thank you all! I'm really glad you like them!

Originally posted by Master Aquatosic View Post
            What stops them from just joining Belial's Brood or getting all hunted down as walking Masquerade breaches, though?
            Good question! Honestly, I think BB is probably too overtly monstrous for them: John Carnon killed a lot of people, sure, but he wasn't evil. He was just fulfilling the role of the Horned God and all that. As far as getting hunted down, I imagine that's happened to quite a few of them when their Humanity drops too low: either they get hunted and destroyed like John Carnon did, or they go off into the forest and become a cryptid (in the irl sense rather than the Demon sense), or they otherwise stop keeping up a normal mortal life. The Carnons don't have a particularly long life expectancy.

Comment

(The really overtly monstrous features also don't kick in right away, also: a -1 or -2 penalty might just be reflected by crazy hair/beard and hulking posture, for instance.)

Comment

Working...
              X