X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leetsepeak
    started a topic Quicken Sight?

Quicken Sight?

Does Quicken Sight let you get the full Aim bonus instantly, or does it just give you the first +1 reflexively?

• Ever Professional
    replied
    I wanna say that it's the full aiming bonus because otherwise generally physical intensity would be the better option; on the other hand it does grant full defense against firearms for a turn, so I could see it being only plus one.

Leave a comment:

• WyrmWeaver
    replied
    Threadsurrectionist here.

Hopefully a possible official ruling on this?

Also want to assume it's only +1 because +3 or +5 or +10 all seem(emphasis OK not seem) really strong. However the wording states "...benefits from aiming reflexively..." If we look at the description of a reflexive action it speaks of no limit to how many times you can use a reflexive action per turn. It states more or less that it's negligible enough to not account for any considerable amount of time.

The wording states you should be able to benefit from full aiming since an aiming action turns from instant to reflexive.

Keep in mind it's vampire and without certain stipulations met your bullets are dealing bashing.

Versus a "worthy" opponent...

That Gangrel with 2 dots resilience 4 dots in Iron Skin and a Flak Jacket really doesn't care about your 5 to 8 extra dice. You'll need to head shot (or heart shot I think?) most opponents for aiming reflexively to matter which just means you're coming away with only 1 to 4 extra dice in most cases.

If your player has a capped composure and a capped fire arms rating you probably have bigger issues to deal with... or heavy weaknesses to exploit. This is all strictly speaking in your most common cases.

Kindred Dueling is --generally speaking more "cost efficient" and more deadly.
    Last edited by WyrmWeaver; 02-13-2017, 07:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wampa
    replied
    As far as its currently written, I think it allows for the full aiming bonus Marksmanship enables (Composure+Firearms). However, as saibot mentioned, that is a -lot- of value for xp. I'd probably cap the aim bonus per turn at the lower of 3 or the character's dots in Celerity, regardless of Marksmanship. This would mean a character with high composure/firearms but low celerity could still use quicken sight to speed up the aiming process if they wanted the full aim bonus.

Keep in mind in many/most cities, not a single character may know Quicken Sight. The player's character hasn't even heard of it. When the player mentions to the ST he's interested in getting it for his character, that opens up all sorts of fun story potential. The ST can quietly tell the player that he's going to need a few more dots in Occult to even have heard it exists, and then there's the story-hook potential of both finding out who might know such a devotion, and then tracking down and convincing the person in question to teach them it. The beginning of the Devotions section emphasizes that Devotions are pretty rare secrets, taught only when it suits the interest of the teacher and certainly not handed out lightly.

Leave a comment:

• MCN
    replied
    I would personally say that the big advantage of the aiming bonus for Quicken Sight is to let you use the sniping fighting style without wasting turns aiming. As for the Aiming bonus? I house ruled a bit of change to the devotion, and let it equal up to your dots in Celerity (assuming you've got a way past the normal +3 bonus).

Leave a comment:

• saibot
    replied
    Originally posted by Leetsepeak View Post
    Would you allow it to give the full aim bonus that Marksmanship enables? (Composure + Firearms)
    I would be kind of iffy on it, for balance reasons if nothing else. That is a lot of value for 2xp (Quicken Sight + 1st dot of Marksmanship) and 1 Vitae. If it actually came up, I would say Through the Crosshairs always need one proper turn of aiming.

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    Would you allow it to give the full aim bonus that Marksmanship enables? (Composure + Firearms)

Leave a comment:

• saibot
    replied
    Well, from the description I would actually go with full (+3) aim. If it was only +1, there would be literally no reason to use that function since Physical Intensity on your Dexterity already gives you +2.

Leave a comment:

• Leetsepeak
    replied
    In theory do you think it'd be able to let one get a multiple aim bonus by spending multiple Vitae?

Leave a comment:

• Charlaquin
    replied
    I assume it just allows you to aim and fire in the same action. So +1.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X