Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    I'd say, compared to D&D you get a much more granular experience. Like, D&D is primarily there as a combat game; yeah you can do other stuff fine, but there's this big combat engine there at the core, and if you're not fighting then you're kinda missing out. CofD doesn't really have that kind of focus, so it's heavily reliant on your ST what kind of character will work in their games.

Leave a comment:

• Horodrigo
    replied
    My ST does not do time skips, we are playing for almost a year now, our progression is slow in the sense of learning new disciplines, but we got some good influence within the Invictus, for being those always active neonates that are spying on the kine and Kindred for possible breachs on the Silence.

Leave a comment:

• Razikale
    replied
    Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
    Honestly, it depends on several factors. What direction you take your character as the chronicle progresses? What themes your ST focuses? What advancement opportunities are available? What do you define as "regular play"? Once a week for two hours? Six hours? Three times a week for one-two hours each? Every day for two-three hours? Are there "time jumps" in the setting and does your character get experience in that frame? Even with identical experience points to spend, a character in a nomad chronicle is going to look different than a character in a static domain setting. And a character in a single domain may look different if he comes from a scion of the city's power elite versus one who comes from those who want to seize power for themselves. Or even if they really aren't interested in temporal power.
    Well I was mostly asking out of curiosity and to get some inspiration, so really anything goes for me

Leave a comment:

• tsusasi
    replied
    Honestly, it depends on several factors. What direction you take your character as the chronicle progresses? What themes your ST focuses? What advancement opportunities are available? What do you define as "regular play"? Once a week for two hours? Six hours? Three times a week for one-two hours each? Every day for two-three hours? Are there "time jumps" in the setting and does your character get experience in that frame? Even with identical experience points to spend, a character in a nomad chronicle is going to look different than a character in a static domain setting. And a character in a single domain may look different if he comes from a scion of the city's power elite versus one who comes from those who want to seize power for themselves. Or even if they really aren't interested in temporal power.
    Last edited by tsusasi; 03-19-2019, 02:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X