Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else wish it was a VtR instead VtM video game coming out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe focusing on a Coterie building a smnall barony in the city?

Comment

Even through the rose-colored lenses of nostalgia, I find so much of the OG World of Darkness material to be childish, even cringe-worthy. When nWoD/CoD first rolled out it felt like the writing staff had grown up, and then re-imagined the core themes of the new game-lines from an adult's perspective. Every singe CoD game is orders of magnitude better than the crude, adolescent scribblings of what came before. I would love for the CoD games to get a big budget video game treatment, but I really don't have much interest in anything based on the oWoD material.

Comment

Originally posted by Zen_Hydra View Post
        Even through the rose-colored lenses of nostalgia, I find so much of the OG World of Darkness material to be childish, even cringe-worthy. When nWoD/CoD first rolled out it felt like the writing staff had grown up, and then re-imagined the core themes of the new game-lines from an adult's perspective. Every singe CoD game is orders of magnitude better than the crude, adolescent scribblings of what came before. I would love for the CoD games to get a big budget video game treatment, but I really don't have much interest in anything based on the oWoD material.
        Not that I necessarily disagree (nor necessarily agree, I do think CofD is more mature, but I don't think WoD is childish), but could you elaborate and explain what exactly you think is childish about oWoD? Perhaps give a few examples?

Comment

I'm not entirely sure this is where we would want to take the discussion for this thread. I've seen too many threads get derailed into arguments on the merits of cWoD vs CofD.

That said, I do think that VtM and VtR scratch two different itches that would necessarily mean that they work in different ways when translated to a VG. VtM works really well with games like Bloodlines, it has NPCs that have large roles and and a kind of fishbowl experience that it is fun to explore.

VtR on the other hand, I would like a VtR game to focus on the tricksy turning of the Danse Macabre. Something more akin to Vampyr combined with Persona (I'm not super confident in that combo, but you get what I mean, I'd want the medium to highlight VtR's strengths in the same way that Bloodlines highlights VtM's strengths).

Frequent Story Teller for the Circle of Five gaming group.

Comment

Working...
          X