Obfuscate is a pain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draconis View Post
    Absolutely true, but I think the idea is "if you're in the territory you've already applied Animalism 5 to, you can sense people entering and leaving—which is justification for a Clash".
    You don't need that. You simply issue a command through Feral Infection for everyone without an invitation to leave and they have to obey since Feral Infection commands can't be resisted even with willpower within the borders of Lord of the Land.

Comment

Fera Infection is not Dominate

She can’t give complex instructions or a direct command, but can point out targets to attack or the direction to move in.
      I see feral infection only good in pointing a place or a person to unlash the fury on. Animalism 5 is compelling the intruders to leave the place by itself.
      Ok, you can command to go to unleash their frenzy out from your domain, but I see it as a stretch.

Comment

Sounds like a great Dominate + Animalism devotion tho.

My Bloodline conversions
        My House rules

Comment

Using Coil of Zirnitra you could get the Clear Sighted merit if you want a full proof counter that only costs one Willpower. 6 xp including Ordo Status to be immune to any illusions.
          Not sure how that drawback always applies rule would work out though?

Comment

I'm not sure that's valid. Zirnitra lets you learn Supernatural Merits like the CofD core book's psychic powers; which are clearly designated as such. Clear-sighted is a human only Merit that doesn't specify it's a supernatural Merit that would be accessible this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
              I'm not sure that's valid. Zirnitra lets you learn Supernatural Merits like the CofD core book's psychic powers; which are clearly designated as such. Clear-sighted is a human only Merit that doesn't specify it's a supernatural Merit that would be accessible this way.
              While I agree with you in that it wouldn't be available through the coil in question, it really depends on whether or not the ST interprets supernatural merit to reference only merits with the "supernatural" tag or any merit that bestows a supernatural ability to the user. Considering the min maxing nature of the Ordo Dracul and that the coil is supposed to convey the ability to gain or regain merits lost by the Embrace like Wolf Blooded, it's arguable.

Comment

Unseen Sense is a Supernatural merit (CofD page 60) is merely listed as Prerequisite: Human character (not Kindred) (B&S page 124). As there is no Supernatural tag for merits in the book I would assume any merits that are unavailable to Supernatural characters and don’t have a really good reason not to let a Vampire take it (Producer is not intended for vampires to take even with fancy coils) could be taken.
                If you know of another place Clear-sighted is published in a book please let me know, I’m willing to be wrong here but I think it was intended to be a supernatural merit.

Comment

Feral Whispers: "Attack the nearest Obfuscated creature in this room."
                  Obf doesn't make you invisible, it just makes you ignore the sensory input while Animalism forces the animals to recognize the input.

That is a direct tug of war between powers, is it not?

Comment

Originally posted by Rathamus View Post
                    Obf doesn't make you invisible, it just makes you ignore the sensory input while Animalism forces the animals to recognize the input.

I would say no as the animals are still ignoring the sensory imputs as it not specified that animals are not affected by Obfuscate

Comment

They're forced to obey to the best of their ability, but they don't get any supernatural abilities to pierce Obfuscate. No Clash. The best the animals can do is to fulfil the mundane failure condition for whatever Obfuscate effect the victim uses.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Heh. I haven't had a player try that yet but yes I'd make it a Clash of Wills.

Comment

I'd say it doesn't work, exactly the same as Dominate 1 "attack the invisible Mekhet" doesn't work: it's not a clash between Dominate and Obfuscate, they're doing fundamentally different things.

That is, Dominate and Animalism can make someone try to do something, but gives them no special ability to do so. Just like how Dominate 1 "solve the Riemann Hypothesis" ((a famous unsolved problem in mathematics that people have been working on for lifetimes)) won't actually get you a correct answer. They'll try, sure, but they'll have no magical ability to succeed.

Comment

Also a counter for after the fact is cameras. Check your cameras nightly, and while you might not be able to see the obfuscated person in your house at that time, looking at a previous recording could tell you "hey, time to switch safe houses."
                            Though if you have Lord of the Land (5 animalism) you will trigger a clash of wills since you know when beings enter your territory and have a rough idea of where they are at all times (triggering the clash if they are using supernatural concealment).

Comment

Working...
                            X