No announcement yet.

New STV supplement: Devotion to Power

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In 1e, being fully visible while projecting was Majesty (and actually required Majesty 5). So I'd go with that over Protean.

Comment

Bak Ra Devotion right?

they used it to fake being able to walk under the sun.

how Ironic given the rules shift in 2nd edition.

Comment

Yep, The Glory of Ra from Ancient Bloodlines. Honestly seriously overpriced for what it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
          Would Majesty or protean be a better combination to achieve a more visible projection?
          I'd say either could work, honestly. Majesty could probably let you just appear visibly, and Protean could perhaps give some solidity or substance to your projection.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
          My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

I don't think Protean has anything to do with making you visible. It'd be Majesty (look at me) or Nightmare (hallucinations), though the latter should have some weird effects since Nightmare isn't supposed to not be scary.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
              I don't think Protean has anything to do with making you visible. It'd be Majesty (look at me) or Nightmare (hallucinations), though the latter should have some weird effects since Nightmare isn't supposed to not be scary.
              It wouldn't be about making you visible, it'd be about transforming your projection into something physical.

My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Everything can be called a transformation if you just elaborate enough. No, Protean changes the shape of your body. Neither shape nor body is changed. I'd say if you want solid substance to it (but not too much since it's just a projection) add some Vigor to it instead so that the projection can physically exert force on the world.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                  Everything can be called a transformation if you just elaborate enough. No, Protean changes the shape of your body. Neither shape nor body is changed. I'd say if you want solid substance to it (but not too much since it's just a projection) add some Vigor to it instead so that the projection can physically exert force on the world.
                  Gotta disagree with you. Protean, in Devotions, covers the idea of transformation. Most examples pair it with physicals so the change stays physical, but paired with auspex 5 i see absolutely no reason why it couldn't change the projection to a more physical form.

Comment

Originally posted by falco1029 View Post
                    Gotta disagree with you. Protean, in Devotions, covers the idea of transformation.
                    I don't know if this is what you're referencing, but Danse Macabre has some good guidelines on Devotion creation, which agree with you here.

Most examples pair it with physicals so the change stays physical, but paired with auspex 5 i see absolutely no reason why it couldn't change the projection to a more physical form.
                    I mean, deactivating Protean 5 literally turns a thing made of smoke into a solid human corpse. It doesn't seem implausible that Protean could make some patch of air take on solidity, though I might implement it slightly differently than just "it makes the illusion solid", since the basic Protean discipline is written as an inverted Ascent of Man.

Side note: Falco, that cover photo is fucking great.
                    Last edited by DubiousRuffian; 06-06-2019, 01:02 PM. Reason: A word

Comment

Working...
                    X