Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever ran a game using Danse Macabre content?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever ran a game using Danse Macabre content?

This book came up in a recent conversation and I remembered how much I loved the tier 1 take on Clans, the tier 3 Conspiracies, and the Atrocity Dice mechanic. It’s a pretty stellar toolkit, and in the running for my favorite 1e book; has anyone else ever gotten any part of it to the table?

Call me Remi. Female pronouns for me, please.

Yes. Yes! YES!
    I used a lot of that book.
    Social combat is an instant standout, in particular the inclusion of the Edge. (Winning at social combat grants you bonuses to stuff like hunting and combat)
    I also used the covenants at different tiers to represent different goals and iterations of the covenants. I never read the covenant specific books but danse macabre filled that gap perfectly for me.
    I might flick through it this evening and reminisce.
    For me one of the strongest books that melded mechanics, narrative and setting perfectly.
    Last edited by Gravitas Man; 06-06-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I'm using Harbingers in my current campaign. One of the players is part of the covenant.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Rakshasa: the Kingdom (Featuring the Extinction Chronicle) [WIP]

Comment

I took the teir 1 carthian movement for one of the political factions in my city, and might use the teir 3 as well, depending on how things go.

I love the Atrocity dice system and really want to integrate it. I've been trying to work on a Gangrel merit that works similarly.

I used the Anchor schema because one of my players didn't have time to really invest in character creation/session 0. This was really useful because we started playing immediately after embrace, and I've been trying to foreground mortal relationships.

I'd definitely like to try out the Hell is Other People system.

I appreciated the advice for Devotion creation. Haven't had a chance to use any of the quest stuff, but I if the opportunity arises, I plan to.

I also wrote up a Chronicle Pitch, (loosely) using the Danse Macabre format.

Comment

Atrocity is a favorite of mine. It works great in Vampire, and I also adapted it for the dark side in a Star Wars game.

I'm currently playing with a revision that uses both atrocity and a version of Humanity we didn't have time to finish for VtR2.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
            Atrocity is a favorite of mine. It works great in Vampire, and I also adapted it for the dark side in a Star Wars game.

I'm currently playing with a revision that uses both atrocity and a version of Humanity we didn't have time to finish for VtR2.
            Now that sounds exciting! Will it end up on Patreon and/or the STVault when it's done?

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post

Now that sounds exciting! Will it end up on Patreon and/or the STVault when it's done?
              If people are interested, I could do an STV version!

I'm taking some ideas from The Danse Macabre and some non-vampire crime stuff I've run and developing them a little further, so:

For a start: Humanity means roughly what it does now, but it merges with Willpower. So Humanity fluctuates, and it's also something you earn, by interacting with your Touchstones and hitting upward breaking points and so on.

(Being more human isn't saccharine niceness or anything, but if you can crack a smile and save an orphanage, that's usually not going to lose you Humanity.)

Masquerade and Requiem come back (and I call them Mask and Dirge, for convenience), and act a lot like Origin and Role in Bleeding Edge. The twist is that Mask starts high but is rough to hold onto, while Dirge starts low, but is a cheap buy.

Disciplines... well, they're getting a look, too, but I need to dice-test my ideas some more.

Cavaliers of Mars Creator

Comment

I recently ran a game that focused on the Commonwealth, the tier three Conspiracy.

The player characters awoke, with their minds all foggy and confused, in a hidden Commonwealth city were kindred and mortals live out in the open, side by side. It was an exploration about gaslighting on a large scale, where the players characters didn't know if the city was the norm or their foggy memories of living hidden among mortals was something that really happened.

Somewhat inspired by that M Night Shyamalan film, The Village.

Organizer for the Dead Gamers Society: The So Cal World of Darkness Meetup. http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

Comment

That sounds really cool. How'd it go?

Comment

Working...
                  X