Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to a Kindred embraced while on mood-altering meds?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to a Kindred embraced while on mood-altering meds?

Doesn’t have to be anything dramatic, maybe they just took an SSRI to function a little better.

Do they still feel or act different based on the presence/absence of the med? Does it stick around in their system until they burn off the Vitae, or wear off like it would in a mortal, or just fail to affect them at all? When they first wake as Kindred, are they going to feel like their medicated self, or their unmedicated self?

This gets into a tricky area. Being a vampire usually heals injuries and diseases, but I'm pretty sure we put vampires in the books who carry issues from their normal lives. But are mental illnesses problems in that sense? It gets a lot into player comfort levels.

That said, in my games I've always allowed vampires to mix a drug with their own blood, then drink or inject it. Which would allow them to medicate.

(Mind you, many drugs just don't work on Kindred physiology. Like I said, tricky area.)

Cavaliers of Mars Creator
    Retired CofD Lead

Check out my guides to Vampire and my indie games!

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Bailey View Post
      This gets into a tricky area. Being a vampire usually heals injuries and diseases, but I'm pretty sure we put vampires in the books who carry issues from their normal lives. But are mental illnesses problems in that sense? It gets a lot into player comfort levels.

That said, in my games I've always allowed vampires to mix a drug with their own blood, then drink or inject it. Which would allow them to medicate.

(Mind you, many drugs just don't work on Kindred physiology. Like I said, tricky area.)
      Do you usually simulate it by roleplay? Since there is no hard and fast rules for drug intoxication in core.

Comment

Malkavian bloodline?

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
        X