Tzimisce in VtR as an Abyssal bloodline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tzimisce in VtR as an Abyssal bloodline

So I've been reading some Brian Lumley lately and, naturally, the Tzimisce came to mind. It occured to me that the Tzimisce, specifically the 'Souleater' Tzimisce from Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand would fit in CofD much better than they did in oWoD.

I'd imagine them as some sort of enemy NPC, 'rogue' Gangrel bloodline that started when its progenitor was roaming the plains of Eastern Europe and came face-to-face with particularly nasty Abyssal intruder and was turned into... something else. Probably something infectious (it can turn both kine and kindred alike), cancer-like (5 dots Tzimisce might as well turn into shoggoths), cannibalistic (can devour vitae as well as flesh) and, well, bat-shit insane. Everything else, the old Tzimisce already cover; the alien, transhumanist worldview, the cult-like mentality, the Lovecraftian superpowers, the tendency to dish out fates worse than death, hell, they even have inbred, cannibalistic ghoul families serving them, not dissimilar to the Red World cult from Boston Unveiled. It'd be basically Belial's Brood, but for the Abyss instead of the Inferno.

Do you think such a homebrew bloodline could work within the context of VtM? Or even Mage/Vampire crossover scenarios?

Originally posted by Logothétēs View Post
    So I've been reading some Brian Lumley lately and, naturally, the Tzimisce came to mind. It occured to me that the Tzimisce, specifically the 'Souleater' Tzimisce from Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand would fit in CofD much better than they did in oWoD.

Possibly. CofD does make an effort to be more open-ended and have the setting be more of a canvas for STs to experiment with than try to establish anything like a canon.

As an aside, must admit the fungus/worm/egg/critter that leads to one's eventual transformation in a Thrall or Vamphyri, the temper and some of its "brood customization powers" makes me think a lot of the Goa'uld from Stargate, ever considered that?

I'd imagine them as some sort of enemy NPC, 'rogue' Gangrel bloodline that started when its progenitor was roaming the plains of Eastern Europe and came face-to-face with particularly nasty Abyssal intruder and was turned into... something else. Probably something infectious (it can turn both kine and kindred alike), cancer-like (5 dots Tzimisce might as well turn into shoggoths), cannibalistic (can devour vitae as well as flesh) and, well, bat-shit insane. Everything else, the old Tzimisce already cover; the alien, transhumanist worldview, the cult-like mentality, the Lovecraftian superpowers, the tendency to dish out fates worse than death, hell, they even have inbred, cannibalistic ghoul families serving them, not dissimilar to the Red World cult from Boston Unveiled. It'd be basically Belial's Brood, but for the Abyss instead of the Inferno.
    Would a Belial's Brood group even know the difference between an entity from the Abyss, Inferno or Strix if they ever met one? If they did, would it make a difference in their attitude?

As an aside, if it is an enemy NPC group do you really need a write-up? Just fluff and some plot-device tricks for imagery should suffice. Not to mention Requiem's version of Protean & related devotions can cover "Lovecraftian body horror superpowers" well enough on its own.

Do you think such a homebrew bloodline could work within the context of VtM? Or even Mage/Vampire crossover scenarios?
    Don't you mean VtR? Anyway, see no impediment for crossover scenarios.

Comment

Working...
    X