Youth Restoring Dhampir Malison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Restoring Dhampir Malison

An Idea I had a bit ago was a Youth Restoring Dhampir Malison Ideally Involving a Blood Bath and needing at least one death.

Think this is Themantic for Dhampirs?

It said I know they simply cant be embraced but I think its ok for some to have found other routes to immortality.

I think it would be cool in a hunters Game looking into a pair of mysterious disapperances.

If we grant it is Themantic, how you think Covenants Especialy Sanctum and Crone would View it?

As Blasphemy?

Invictus would worry about them getting too big for their britches. but might think its ok if it keeps a Valued Servant and Child around.

no Idea what Carthians would think

Ordo Dracul see something to do experiments on and try to refine and perfect?
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 09-05-2019, 03:38 AM.

Seems thematic to me. I see the Invictus being wary, the Lance not approving, the Circle being perfectly fine with it, and the Ordo noting it in the file for that experimental Dhampir.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
    My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Hmmmn One Question should it be only usable On oneself or on another Mortal (Likely in return for outrageous sums of money or some such?)

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
        Hmmmn One Question should it be only usable On oneself or on another Mortal (Likely in return for outrageous sums of money or some such?)
        I'd personally say only on Dhampir (but it could be used on other Dhampir, not just oneself). Or at least, it should work much better on Dhampir (longer duration or less cost, perhaps).

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
        My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Hmmmn Maybe Require a Kindreds aid When using it on a normal mortal. thus letting the Dhampir in question be as bitchy and picky as he wants and Fit into a hunter game as an antagonist...

One thing how many murders should it take?

As to be enemies in a hunter game they need to be tracking down the murders or kidnappings when another one happens?

oh hows this idea sound?

Each time They use the Malison on a particular person the number of people that must die to Rejuvenate them goes up.

Say number of Times They've been so rejuvenated squared?

So when their a millenia and a half old and need Rejuvenated the 40th time theyd need 1600 people

That is A LOT of human trafficking... If you can keep it hidden you deserve immortality.

Last edited by Prince of the Night; 09-11-2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

I would be very hesitant to add any abilities that would allow immortality to the Dhampir since they’re explicitly can not get embraced or ghouled which are the two ways the Vampire line gives immortality so doing so seems to undermine author intent. Furthermore Malison’s cost life they don’t give it so I don’t believe such a power to be a good thematic fit.
            That said it’s your game and if you want to do it then do it, I might allow it if I was the ST but I would not try to make such an ability canon.
            Also nothing prevents mixing minor templates so just giving them a second template (possibly made up on the spot) could neatly solve the problem. Since this seems to be to make an NPC I don’t think it matters much anyway, freaky things happen.
            If I did allow it for a player I would probably say that it required killing another Dhampir just to keep the Dhampirs must shed blood for the benefit of a Malison to work.

Comment

hows it sound as a idea for antagonist in a Hunter Chronicle? With the number of people who must be sacrificed going up each time

1,4,9,16,25,36,49..64,81,100,121,144,169,196,225,2 56,289,324,361.400,441484,529,576 625

Slowly but surely climbing Higher and Higher.

Huners would probaly notice that many disappearing people or even human trafficking.
              Last edited by Prince of the Night; 09-14-2019, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Fine, antagonists have better things to do than be completely rules legal and it’s extra ok because none of the players are going to be in a position to ask for a similar ability.

Comment

does the Geometric increase in lives Required sound good?

Comment

Seems fine, is that per year? It could get out of hand if left too long but I assume your players will be dealing with it before it does.

Comment

Was thinking Every time they need Rejuvenated

Every 50 or 60 years or so?

Does that mean it take using it 7 or 8 times Before the disappearing persons reports get odd?

Comment

They can move around, there’s probably an FBI file (or equivalent if not in America) on the last time they did it maybe listing them as a survivor since no one ever found the old man who did the deed.

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
                          I would be very hesitant to add any abilities that would allow immortality to the Dhampir since they’re explicitly can not get embraced or ghouled which are the two ways the Vampire line gives immortality so doing so seems to undermine author intent. Furthermore Malison’s cost life they don’t give it so I don’t believe such a power to be a good thematic fit.
                          That said it’s your game and if you want to do it then do it, I might allow it if I was the ST but I would not try to make such an ability canon.
                          Also nothing prevents mixing minor templates so just giving them a second template (possibly made up on the spot) could neatly solve the problem. Since this seems to be to make an NPC I don’t think it matters much anyway, freaky things happen.
                          If I did allow it for a player I would probably say that it required killing another Dhampir just to keep the Dhampirs must shed blood for the benefit of a Malison to work.

To this point, nothing keeps you from adding the Blood Bather minor template to a Dhampir.

To reiterate my own record on this, I think the author's approach to Dhampir is regressive and nothing is gained by denying them either ghoul or embrace. The drawbacks inherent to the dhampir are explicit and layered, and achieving ghoul status won't change them. Being embraced of course wipes minor templates. I could go on and on in this vein (haha), but that's not the point of the thread.

Now to touch on the motivations of the Dhampir NPC under consideration, it is entirely thematically appropriate for a character to use their familiarity with the supernatural and the potency of blood to seek elaborate and costly ways to prolong their life and youth. In the CofD that is achievable but has... consequences.

--Khanwulf

Comment

Working...
                          X