Daywalker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daywalker?

In a mixed game I am hoping to allow the Vampire to survive during the day. Is there any way other than the Coil of Ascendancy and low Humanity to achieve this? Hopefully for longer than 10 min...

If there is only 10 min alternative it does lethal, can you heal it with a BP? I assume the answer is yes.

Keeping your Humanity high and your Blood Potency low and only exposing your eyes to sunlight is the only way short of the Mystery of the Ascendant for a vampire to survive sunlight, which should not be confused with it being the only way for them to survive during the day; staying indoors or sticking to the shade limits your movement somewhat, but if you're in a mixed game that isn't taking place predominantly during nights, higher upkeep costs and soft constraints on your mobility are kind of the natural result of daytime activity. (And yes, you can heal lethal damage from sunlight as readily as any other source of lethal damage.)

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

What kind of splats exists in your mixed game?
      Supernatural pg or png could help a vampire to survive daylight

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
        What kind of splats exists in your mixed game?
        Supernatural pg or png could help a vampire to survive daylight
        We're pretty open. What are pg and png... I have to admit ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by yrtalien View Post

We're pretty open. What are pg and png... I have to admit ignorance.
          Sorry, in my language are player characters and non player characters.
          Mages for example can be very helpful with the force arcana

Comment

It's your game, do as you prefer. You could diminish the effect or take out the weakness to sunlight from kindred as a whole, if it is more convenient to your table.
            Now the player characters being able to walk during daylight hours, in a world where few (or no) other kindred can do the same...that might be a big deal.
            And bring its own set of problems, depending on who finds out.

Remember, it's your World of Darkness, you can tweak lore, mechanics or whatever according to what feels right to the kind of game you want to ST.

Comment

Biker gear, it covers your whole body lowering your effective BP by 1 meaning a young vampire can day walk.

Comment

Also, Epidermal Shielding Bath.

Comment

Originally posted by Live Bait View Post
                  Biker gear, it covers your whole body lowering your effective BP by 1 meaning a young vampire can day walk.
                  They did that in Blade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tAYfQuE3g8

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post

Quite probably one of the references of the idea, in fact.

Comment

Young Ordo biker gangs staying up all day and ignoring territory borders has been a major issue in kindred society.

Comment

Working...
                      X