Torpor and vitae

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torpor and vitae

Quick question about Torpor and the lack of vitae to awaken? So if a vampire goes into daysleep and does not the 1 point of vitae to awaken it falls in torpor for the amount of time determined by his humanity x his blood potency. But when he awakes does he have vitae? Does a vampire at 0 vitae fall in torpor?

He wakes up without vitae but is hungry/starving and might frenzy on the first available food source encountered.

Comment

He always wake up from torpor without 0 vitae, risking frenzy, and he has a full night to feed himself up. Otherwise he would fall back into torpor for the same amount of time.

Comment

The only torpor a vamp awakens from with > 0 vitae is the artificial torpor of staking. If you pull the stake out soon enough the subject will (may) still have vitae left.

They'll still be pissed off, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Khanwulf View Post
          The only torpor a vamp awakens from with > 0 vitae is the artificial torpor of staking.
          You're forgetting both voluntary Torpor and Torpor from having no Touchstones. You can also feed someone in Torpor Vitae. It only wakes them up if the Blood Potency difference is large enough.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

thus making torpor a non issue for Most PC's.

Comment

The only torpor a vamp awakens from with > 0 vitae is the artificial torpor of staking. If you pull the stake out soon enough the subject will (may) still have vitae left.

They'll still be pissed off, however.
              BP 5 = 20 vitae. I have 7 health points. In a turn I use 5 vitae to do stuffs between disciplines and physical intensity. An attack (bite) is dealing me 7 lethals. I can't spend blood to heal up any damage and I fall in torpor. During torpor I automatically spend 7 vitae to heal myself up. I'm still with 8 vitae but yet in torpor...

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

BP 5 = 20 vitae. I have 7 health points. In a turn I use 5 vitae to do stuffs between disciplines and physical intensity. An attack (bite) is dealing me 7 lethals. I can't spend blood to heal up any damage and I fall in torpor. During torpor I automatically spend 7 vitae to heal myself up. I'm still with 8 vitae but yet in torpor...

And you will proceed to lose 1 vitae per day until at zero or you awaken from torpor.

Unless that is paused during torpor. I don't remember reading anything to that effect, however.

Comment

And you will proceed to lose 1 vitae per day until at zero or you awaken from torpor.

Unless that is paused during torpor. I don't remember reading anything to that effect, however.
                  You lose a point of Vitae every time you awaken, which is part of why the Strix don't lose Vitae with the mere passage of time.

At that point, the only thing the remaining Vitae in your system is doing is adding an extra step to any would-be diablerist's job.

Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

No, you are not losing Vitae while in torpor. Just when you have to awake. May it be either each night or after a century.
                    Last edited by Marcus; 11-11-2019, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
                      You lose a point of Vitae every time you awaken, which is part of why the Strix don't lose Vitae with the mere passage of time.

At that point, the only thing the remaining Vitae in your system is doing is adding an extra step to any would-be diablerist's job.

Ok, ok. Let's assume my assumption is an artifact of VtM, then.

Comment

To be fair, that's also how it works in 1e: vampires in torpor burn one Vitae at sunset every day, as they attempt to wake up (and fail). It's one of the smaller mechanical tweaks from 1e to 2e.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus View Post

No, you are not losing Vitae while in torpor. Just when you have to awake. May it be either each night or after a century.
                          What? Where the hell did you get that nonsense, when an an active vampire uses 1 vitae a day?

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminostro View Post
                            What? Where the hell did you get that nonsense, when an an active vampire uses 1 vitae a day?
                            2e's reasoning is, an active vampire spends one Vitae per night to wake up. A torpid vampire is unable to wake up, even if they wanted to. Therefore, nothing is spent.

(In 1e, like I said, they still spent that blood every 24 hours in an attempt to wake up, it just had no effect.)

Comment

So does a staked vampire fall into the dormant or active category?

Second question, while stake torpor do you heal ,would you automatically burn Vitae to heal. If the only wound is from the stake you would not be able to heal it, because if you healed it, it should get ejected from the body or tighten around the stake.
                              Last edited by Graylion; 11-13-2019, 04:00 AM.

Roleplaying not Rollplaying or Ruleplaying
                              Current Focus
                              Storypath & Storypath to Run CoD, VtR, WtF, MtA
                              Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X