• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodlines: The Devoted Now Available on Storytellers Vault

I heard you like vampires:

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...es-The-Devoted
    We plot our intrigues in the dark,
    pretending the All Night Society works as the day.
    But politics are just a game to keep the Beast in check.
    Blood is devotion.
    Blood holds more weight than a Prince, or a Dragon, or a God.
    Open your veins and see.
    — Chloe the Coyote, Bohagande Mystic
    This book is a companion to Bloodlines: The Resurrected. It includes:
    • Complete Second Edition updates of 22 classic bloodlines, from the covenant books and beyond, including the Agonistes, Azerkatil, Dragolescu, Macellarius, Spina, and Therion
    • New Disciplines, Devotions, Rituals, Merits, and a Mystery of the Dragon: The Coil of the Vigilant
    • The Dunia of Clan Akhud, first hinted at in VII
    • More quick conversions of over 40 bloodlines!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

Do you have very much lore?

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
      Do you have very much lore?
      Lore here and there, yes! Mostly this is mechanical updates, but we provide lots of story hooks, and every bloodline has an "In the Covenants" section. You'll need the original books if you want complete histories, though. And there's a full write up of new bloodline in the appendices, with lots of new lore.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Lore here and there, yes! Mostly this is mechanical updates, but we provide lots of story hooks, and every bloodline has an "In the Covenants" section. You'll need the original books if you want complete histories, though. And there's a full write up of new bloodline in the appendices, with lots of new lore.
        Sounds cool

Comment

Picked it up, I have the original books but will probably not do a conversion for them on my own and you all have done pretty good work before.

Comment

I was just thinking about bloodlines recently, so this is expertly timed! I started with 2E, so I have none of the books this references (except the five clanbooks), but I'm mostly interested in the crunch, anyway. Love it!

Comment

Updating the Azerkatil was fun! Hopefully branching them out into other covenants gives them a bit more depth.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                Updating the Azerkatil was fun! Hopefully branching them out into other covenants gives them a bit more depth.
                considered making Dukhan bloodlines?

Comment

Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                  considered making Dukhan bloodlines?
                  Maybe one day!

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

Maybe one day!
                    *throws rocks at you to convince you*

Comment

Don’t sure if I’ve ever posted to this forum... prefer to lurk and see what people are thinking.

however, I took a chance on this and the prior Bloodlines book and there’s some great work here. Occasional design aesthetics I don’t like, but that would be the case in “official” products too.

Generally I’m very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Foozle View Post
                        Don’t sure if I’ve ever posted to this forum... prefer to lurk and see what people are thinking.

however, I took a chance on this and the prior Bloodlines book and there’s some great work here. Occasional design aesthetics I don’t like, but that would be the case in “official” products too.

Generally I’m very impressed.
                        Thank you! That means a lot!

Comment

Also, I apologize if anyone who bought this got spammed with file update notifications. I noticed some errata that I didn't want to leave unfixed (the Kallisti powers hadn't been updated from the final edited draft), but DTRPG's system is weird and sometimes doesn't seem to recognize that I've done anything.

Comment

Insta-buy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Thank you! That means a lot!
                              No, thank you.

I've essentially been on a bloodline deep dive today thanks to your products. I've been reminded that some Requiem bloodline ideas were bloody awful, and some were bloody brilliant. You've consistently seemed to capture the essence of them and focus ideas into usable 2E mechanics. I wish I'd noted down examples to remember, but there were a couple of times today I chuckled because of a manner in which something had been rendered, and I mean that as a positive.

I suppose if I was going to ask a question I'd start with noting that your 2E Bloodline rules aesthetic is clearly based on the Khaibit preview from Rose Bailey's time as developer. Are you certain that's still the 2E bloodline mechanical focus? There's not been many published 2E bloodlines but the two I can think of, the Morbus and Bron, hew far closer to the 1E manner of doing things.

Comment

Working...
                              X