No announcement yet.

Spilled Blood on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, while I think the Brood needs more Manifestations, I like them even better than their 1E version. They're simpler and less mystical, sure, but that's because they've been narrowed down to what was the best part about them - their complete acceptance of the Beast and complete peace with themselves and its urges. They aren't just ascended draugr, no, they're what happens when the Man and the Beast become equal partners who share the same opinions about things. Which means they're prone to some outright sympathetic motivations, but they're still inhuman predators, and gleeful ones at that. They've become the vampires other vampires tell ghost stories about, and they're fine with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
      For the record, the new clans are all weird. None of them are like "Gangrel, but less solid", and pretty much all of them have pretty weird tricks and thematics. Amari are angry ecologists and champions of endurance, the Bekaak are time-eating bluntly honest preachers, Hypatians are Promethean-hybrid alchemists and transhumanists, the Nhang are half-crocodile sea monsters, and the Twice-Cursed are a mistake. As in, they're something that wasn't supposed to be in universe and are trying to become a bloodline of the Daeva or Nosferatu.
      Which is a bit better, but also…is "ecologist" or "preacher" or "bluntly honest" or "transhumanist" really a feature of a clan? ("Time-eating" is, but that's their Discipline powers, I'm just thinking of the concept.)

I like the core five because they're so broad and archetypal. Any of the five could be an ecologist or a bluntly honest preacher or a transhumanist. Which is just personal preference—but it's why the extra clans don't generally interest me very much.

I should clarify, I don't regret buying the book or anything, and it's not worse than TYoN or SotC or anything. I just had extremely high hopes after Devoted (my favorite Requiem book now), since I knew some of the same authors had worked on it.

Comment

Also, while I think the Brood needs more Manifestations, I like them even better than their 1E version. They're simpler and less mystical, sure, but that's because they've been narrowed down to what was the best part about them - their complete acceptance of the Beast and complete peace with themselves and its urges. They aren't just ascended draugr, no, they're what happens when the Man and the Beast become equal partners who share the same opinions about things. Which means they're prone to some outright sympathetic motivations, but they're still inhuman predators, and gleeful ones at that. They've become the vampires other vampires tell ghost stories about, and they're fine with that.
        I like the old Brood, but I really like the new version. I don't recall who wrote them off the top of my head, but they did a really wonderful job. The 1E version being an international order of gnostic satanists was always a bit odd.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Well, after reading DE2, I wonder how much of the former gnostic/statanist ideology is now covered by the Tenth Choir. I actually plan on giving it some very deep thought about how much of the old Brood can now be represented by a modern Choir.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

....i am one of those assholes who see an everlasting and is like "I WANNA PLAY ONE!" but sadly they are all so old! I want to play a new everlasting so i am not too op!

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
              Well, after reading DE2, I wonder how much of the former gnostic/statanist ideology is now covered by the Tenth Choir. I actually plan on giving it some very deep thought about how much of the old Brood can now be represented by a modern Choir.
              See, I thought their Blood Sorcery being called "Therion" was a coincidence (it's just a Greek word for "beast", and it shows up in occultism a fair bit), but now you're making me think it is a reference...

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
              Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Originally posted by Draconis View Post

Which is a bit better, but also…is "ecologist" or "preacher" or "bluntly honest" or "transhumanist" really a feature of a clan? ("Time-eating" is, but that's their Discipline powers, I'm just thinking of the concept.)

I like the core five because they're so broad and archetypal. Any of the five could be an ecologist or a bluntly honest preacher or a transhumanist. Which is just personal preference—but it's why the extra clans don't generally interest me very much.

I should clarify, I don't regret buying the book or anything, and it's not worse than TYoN or SotC or anything. I just had extremely high hopes after Devoted (my favorite Requiem book now), since I knew some of the same authors had worked on it.

This is also my problem with most bloodlines. Any vampire can have an ideology. An ideology is not enough to base an entire clan or bloodline on. They should have something no other clan or bloodline has, otherwise they should be a mystery cult or mini-covenant, or just a thematic Merit. "Ecologist" is not a clan, it's a character concept.

Comment

Can someone please list the 10 bloodlines and their parent clans? I'll only be able to buy the book next week, but I'm so excited about the new bloodlines.

Check my homebrews:
                  Vampire Bloodlines: Abhartach, Kiasyd, Melissidae
                  Mage Legacies: Infernal Ones, Daoine

Comment

Ankou: Mekhet vampire cullers
                    Icelus: Mekhet or Ventrue hypnomancers
                    Jharana: Daeva with a special connection to the God Machine
                    Liderc: Daeva who feed off human will
                    Nosoi: Gangrel plague vectors
                    Parliamentarians: Any, Carthian propagandist
                    Penumbrae: Any, Crone diviners
                    Scions of the first City: Any, Invictus city keepers
                    Vardyvle: Ventrue with impossible aspirations
                    Vilseduire: Daeva or Nossie debaucherers

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

I probably missed something but the text says Ayanda gets most of her Vitae from ghosts but I can't figure out how or why that works. Do manifested ghosts have blood?

Comment

Can anyone point me in the direction of more information on the Holy Engineers? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kvark View Post
                          I probably missed something but the text says Ayanda gets most of her Vitae from ghosts but I can't figure out how or why that works. Do manifested ghosts have blood?
                          There's a Merit in the corebook that models vampires who are able to feed on supernatural beings. And it's especially good for lone wolf elders like her, because supernatural Vitae cheats feeding restrictions, she doesn't need to interact with Kindred for her fill.

That Merit outright says that you can feed on ghosts, it's just unique to the vampire. I imagine for her, her body is able to reprocess plasm into blood, since it's explicit it looks like ectophagia to those who don't realize the ghost is fine afterwards.

Comment

There's a Merit in the corebook that models vampires who are able to feed on supernatural beings. And it's especially good for lone wolf elders like her, because supernatural Vitae cheats feeding restrictions, she doesn't need to interact with Kindred for her fill.

That Merit outright says that you can feed on ghosts, it's just unique to the vampire. I imagine for her, her body is able to reprocess plasm into blood, since it's explicit it looks like ectophagia to those who don't realize the ghost is fine afterwards.
                            Thanks! I'm re-reading that now (Unnatural Affinity, p114). The merit is kind of confusing. It says in the description "Each dot of this Merit allows your character to gain sustenance from one type of supernatural creature. This may mean werewolves, ghosts, mummies, zombies, or stranger things still." So ghosts are explicitly on the menu, but then it says "For example, ghosts exist in an ethereal state, and don’t have physical blood."

I guess my question was, what is mechanically required to use this merit on a ghost? Is being manifested enough? Do manifested ghosts have physical blood you can take? Is it 1-for-1 plasm for vitae? Or do you do corpus damage for vitae? Any of these would make sense, just trying to figure out what happens :P

Comment

The Brood section repeatedly mentions the Language of the Beast but doesn't at any point actually explain what this is (unless I totally missed it?).

Comment

Originally posted by Zeke Hubris View Post
                                The Brood section repeatedly mentions the Language of the Beast but doesn't at any point actually explain what this is (unless I totally missed it?).
                                I think it was mentioned a lot in their 1e book- some kind of "unlanguage" only the Brood can speak. Strange, however, that they don't explain it in 2e.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                                X