Spilled Blood on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daigotsu Max View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of more information on the Holy Engineers? Thanks!
    They are in Danse Macabre, an optional covenant which deal with the God Machine and the Angel of Death from the Pain Prophet's Testament.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

I think the current pdf is supposed to be the advance copy -- does anyone know where to submit errata? I've noticed a couple typos.

Comment

Originally posted by Kvark View Post
        I probably missed something but the text says Ayanda gets most of her Vitae from ghosts but I can't figure out how or why that works. Do manifested ghosts have blood?
        Yep, as others have mentioned, the Unnatural Affinity merit lets you feed on one type of supernatural and have their essentia count as Vitae for the purpose of feeding restrictions. If the chosen type is ephemeral, the merit includes knowledge of how to extract their Essence.

(She also has multiple devotions involving ghosts that could help with this.)

Comment

Originally posted by DubiousRuffian View Post
          I think the current pdf is supposed to be the advance copy -- does anyone know where to submit errata? I've noticed a couple typos.
          It's linked in the email receipt from DTRPG.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
          Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

I haven't read much apart from the new clans and Belial's Brood yet, but I wanted to get some thoughts down.

The Amari are interesting, but the fact that they're so much like the previously mentioned Mikhaili is weird to me, especially as their write-up doesn't mention the other group at all. I like a lot about them and really want to use them, but I would have preferred if we got a proper version of Bereschligost instead of 'they just kind of have these helpful blood-conserving abilities at character creation with no cost', as it would have both given us a new Discipline and made them more in line with other clans.
            I have one Bloodline idea for the Amari, which would be a Bloodline that doesn't simply survive up in the cold north, but whose gifts allow them to control the ice and snow; their bane might be something like 'Cannot survive for long in too high a temperature' or 'Exert an aura of extreme coldness around themselves that they can never turn off'.

The Bekaak are weird, but cool. I like that we actually have some unique Native American vampires now. I find it weird that their whole ageing situation isn't their bane, nor even related to their curse at all, but I suppose there are so many ways of turning back their ageing that it honestly seems more like a unique quirk than a particularly crippling curse; indeed, it seems like it might be to their benefit in a lot of cases, particularly their ability to give and take age.
            Vitiate is kind of odd, but its interesting. I do think there needs to be some clarification about whether the Discipline's Persistent effect can be turned off, though, because if not that might be a pretty serious double-edged sword.

The Hypatians are my favourite, because they feel simultaneously unique and fill in a 'niche' that was kind of missing, being a more 'alchemical auto-urgic' kind of vampire. They feel the most playable and player friendly, easy to slot into things. I would have probably put their origins further back than the ninteenth century, but that's kind of filled in by one of their rumours suggesting that they might be older than they think.
            I want to make some Bloodlines for them. The two main ideas I have are a Bloodline whose gift uses their connection to Pyros to control mundane fire or electricity, as well as a more physically focused Bloodline that might take off of the 'Igor' archetype, a bit.

The Nhang are very strange, as they're so much like Kindred and yet also kind of their own weird thing. I like that most of their deviations from the base Kindred template are represented as Devotions, rather than just being written as just a kind of thing inherent to them, like the Amari's abilities are.
            Last edited by Kleptomania; 02-13-2020, 04:02 PM.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

So while waiting for the next Hunter preview, let's give some reading for Spilled Blood-

Ankou- I think I would have liked them better as a Covenant, serving as one of my seven faces of VII (the plot hook is right in there!)

Icelus- two Anderson legends in the price of one for the OUaMD origin :P They fact they are also basically a Shadow Cult is also very cool.

Jharana- Oh, I really like those! the Holy Engineers having a cameo is cool, and their origins and crossover with Demon are cool.

Liderc- I have always wanted to see a liderc in the CofD, so now my wish was granted! Also- is that Mirror a reference for the Mirror from the Anthologies?

Nosoi- I wonder what they would think of the Contagion

Parlimentartians- not really of interest for me, being honest

Pnumbrae- Ok, they are really cool

Scions of the First City- they really feel like the Architects of the Monolith

Vardyvle- creepy as hell

Vilseduire- I like those

Belial's Brood- they are cool, indeed, and I do intend on reclaiming their 1e philosophy and implement it to a modern Choir

Esoteric Order of the Golden Star- while i like it that there is really no benefit of joining thise Covenant, it could have been cool if its actual members (those who knew it was fake) had some proficiency at crafting illusions and tricks that almost look like magic, but aren't. I wonder what would happen if they would manage, by any chance, to stumble upon some long dead Blood Magic.

Kenora Coterie- Ok, that's disgusting

Amari- So yeah, the Amari are without doubt connected to the Mikhailli. If them coming from around the same region, having the "Northern Wars" as a part of their background, the similarity with the Disciplines and the common nickname of the Winter Kings, their writeup outright mentions Saga's ability to preserve and survive on little Vitae, which is basically Breschligost. Perhaps Saga devoured the Gangrel who wanted to kill them and changed her Blood to become that of her enemies? Their special mechanics may very well be the remains of their original Discipline. While they may have also meant to replace the Mikhailli, and while the last were indeed undeveloped, it don't think it is fair to outright ignore their original writeup - even if the Amari's is really cool - and so I think it is better to include them both through the earlier theory.

Ayanda- so she is something between a modern Mekhet and an Hollow?

Bekaak- yeah, they are terrifying. Also, them being hunted by Cheiron to find the anti aging solution is HILARIOUS (not for them, of course)

Hypatians- Ohhhhhh I really like those! Blood Chemistry also looks great!

Nhang- Yeah, creepy as hell

Amara- oh, poor thing

Twice Cursed- yeah I am very interested in seeing them turning into an actual Clan

Amaranthine Cats- oh, I LOVE the quote. Animal ghoul families was always a thing, and this exploration of it is just awesome, and immediately makes me think about the Cats of Ulthar. i also wonder about a crossover with the Colony.

Blessing of Athena- even before reading it, I can bet it is nothing about a "blessing". Yep. Not a blessing. Is it me, or that Vicissitude have managed to crawl its way into Requiem, souleaters/assaku and all?

Blood Worms- Sure, because we didn't had enough of those monsters.... how many wormy parasites do vampires carry in their dead veins?

Brotherhood of Blood- disgusting people using unoriginal names thinking themselves vampires. Oh, I just wait for them to meet some real vampires who will teach them a thing or two about blood and Blood.

Chimera Virus- oh, wait, THIS is Vicissitude #The_Contagion_Ruins_Everything

Everlasting- What. The. HELL?! This alone is worth the whole book (no offence to the rest of the awesome material in it)

Heart's Bane- Oh, the poor, poor Bron.. Yeah, that's creepy

Nereids- Sea, stop eating people and go back to sleep, you monster!

Rampart Logistics- Yeah, that's gonna blow up SO BAD. If they'll survive long enough, they may become a conspiracy... if.

Anyway, a very nice read. A lot of cool material for both players and STs, and the new Clans are really cool. Nice.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
                I haven't read much apart from the new clans and Belial's Brood yet, but I wanted to get some thoughts down.

The Bekaak are weird, but cool. I like that we actually have some unique Native American vampires now. I find it weird that their whole ageing situation isn't their bane, nor even related to their curse at all, but I suppose there are so many ways of turning back their ageing that it honestly seems more like a unique quirk than a particularly crippling curse; indeed, it seems like it might be to their benefit in a lot of cases, particularly their ability to give and take age.
                Vitiate is kind of odd, but its interesting. I do think there needs to be some clarification about whether the Discipline's Persistent effect can be turned off, though, because if not that might be a pretty serious double-edged sword.
                The aging thing is definitely intended is a mixed benefit. Their real issue is less that they age and more that their Blood Potency can't get very high unless they spend a lot of time working on it directly, but even then, they can't spend more than [100 - Age at Embrace] years active without starting to get Cryptkeepery, though some Bekaak become senile enough that they don't really see that as a problem...

(From a mechanical point of view, I wanted it to be a little easier for people to actually play them, while also adding a complication to chronicles that span decades.)

As for why it's not their specific clan bane, there was some backstory text that unfortunately had to be cut which would've explained that a little better. Basically, they've always had the honesty problem, and the curse that makes them age has little to do with vampirism. That said, there are some who disagree:

Elders of the Tsihstekeri family, Ventrue natives to the same part of the world, say the Bekaak have always aged, and these Lords may have the weight of legend on their side. The Ojibwe tell stories about creatures called bakaak and pau'guk (poetically, “skeleton”), flesh eating monsters who were once warriors, cursed to prey on their former comrades. The Tsihstekeri hold an old grudge against the Bekaak, and would much rather see the Prophets put to rest than speak more truths.
                Last edited by Yossarian; 02-13-2020, 09:19 PM.

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Yossarian if I may ask- are the Bekaak the Clan which were "rigged by Dominate" that you once mentioned? Them getting cheated by some dark power into becoming what they are now? As the Tsihstekeri are now Ventrue but were something else previously, I will not be surprised if they were those Bekaak who somehow avoided their second curse.. or maybe their slaves who rose to take their place. Both could serve as a cool stroy hook.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    Yossarian if I may ask- are the Bekaak the Clan which were "rigged by Dominate" that you once mentioned? Them getting cheated by some dark power into becoming what they are now? As the Tsihstekeri are now Ventrue but were something else previously, I will not be surprised if they were those Bekaak who somehow avoided their second curse.. or maybe their slaves who rose to take their place. Both could serve as a cool stroy hook.
                    Oh, maybe... There's a little hint in there about how the Camarilla might've found "like minds".

Comment

Is the Nhang clan bane described correctly? The flavor text implies being out of water is a problem for them, but the only mechanical element described is vitae-below-humanity=more damage taken, with nothing about being on the surface or under water.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Phobos View Post
                        Is the Nhang clan bane described correctly? The flavor text implies being out of water is a problem for them, but the only mechanical element described is vitae-below-humanity=more damage taken, with nothing about being on the surface or under water.

Honestly, that sounds like enough of a problem, since its caused by their skin drying out. That cannot be comfortable, even if it's not a dice penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

Honestly, that sounds like enough of a problem, since its caused by their skin drying out. That cannot be comfortable, even if it's not a dice penalty.

My question is whether the flavor text is meant to have a mechanical implementation at all because it doesn't seem to? You could be low on vitae in or out of the water, so the last part of the clan flaw paragraph doesn't connect to the first part and I'm curious if something got omitted.
                          Last edited by Professor Phobos; 02-13-2020, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I really dislike that neither the Ankou and Vilseduire seem to have a bloodline gift.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Not really a big fan of antagonists books, but there are really good ideas along the way. Will totaly use the Liderc and the Nosoi. Amaranthine Cats and Everlasting are directly joining the cast of my games.

Comment

And back at being a Vampire noob... can someone tell me where to find the Innamorata?

(I like the book but it could use some references!)

Comment

Working...
                                X