Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Why indeed.

The Moroi connection is mostly just speculation (it's as true as you want it to be), but it served the purpose of A) making the Moroi canon in Second Edition, and B) putting lie to that silly sidebar in Ordo Dracul insisting that they're not really the same bloodline, just two bloodlines that are exactly the same in every single way imaginable.
    That makes sense. Thanks.

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Yossarian View Post

Why indeed.

The Moroi connection is mostly just speculation (it's as true as you want it to be), but it served the purpose of A) making the Moroi canon in Second Edition, and B) putting lie to that silly sidebar in Ordo Dracul insisting that they're not really the same bloodline, just two bloodlines that are exactly the same in every single way imaginable.

Who nows, the supernatural world is a messy one, it could go either way, or both even.

Comment

Yossarian random question

Is there any relationship in your headcanon between the Moroi from Ordo Dracul and the Moroi from the Vampire Academy novels? The characters and the setting are very different but it just hit me that the names are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Is there any relationship in your headcanon between the Moroi from Ordo Dracul and the Moroi from the Vampire Academy novels? The characters and the setting are very different but it just hit me that the names are identical.
          Well, they both took the name from eastern european folklore, i'd guess. No mystery there.

Comment

Got it. Thanks. I didn’t know if the name was made up or not.

Comment

Baaldam has the right of it. I haven't read any Vampire Academy, and the Ordo Dracul book they first appeared in predates those novels. I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I think my answer is no.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
              Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

I was asking if the writers of Ordo Dracul named that bloodline after the Moroi from Vampire Academy. Thanks 😊. You answered my question.

Sorry. I wasn’t sure about the dates.

Comment

I was asking if the writers of Ordo Dracul named that bloodline after the Moroi from Vampire Academy. Thanks 😊. You answered my question.

Sorry. I wasn’t sure about the dates.
                  Glad to help!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
                  Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

I like it, a lot. See no problem with the Discipline spread overlap if you do Mekhet/Nosferatu and Daeva/Mekhet. Especially because to an outsider, they might all seem like one type. Then, upon investigation, it's found out they are different... And this freaks the Kindred out. Are they proto-Clans, or are the Clans becoming something else?

Comment

Working...
                    X