Masquerade Clans as 2E Bloodlines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masquerade Clans as 2E Bloodlines

I'm a CoD guy, but I always like (old) World of Darkness factions to exists in CoD games as Z-Splats - Bloodlines, Lodges, etc. I even started my own Apocalypse Tribes as 2E Lodges project in Werewolf: The Forsaken forum. As getting V20 Dark Ages book for free from Onyx Path ( thank you! ), I wonder if someone would not be interested in creating those Vampire: The Masquared Clans as Requiem 2E Bloodlines? I do not have enought experiance myself, and I would simply be interested what can be done with VtR 2E.

Interesting would be also connecting VtM Tremere with Mage: The Awakening Tremere, now that we have Night Horrors: Nameless and the Accused for them. Just idea for Requiem forum to talk about.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Malkavians - I always preferred Malkavia to be Venture striking Contagion ( from Contagion Chronicle ) Outbreak - so I'm interested what forumers can make for Ventrue's Bloodline that is source of this madness? Or maybe trying to control it?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 03-20-2020, 10:37 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Tzimisce and Malkavians could both be tied in to the Contagion; alternately, Tzimisce are Ventrue + Protean, and Malks are Mekhet + Nightmare.

Comment

I thought of Tzimisce as iconic Pijavica ( from Thousand Years of Night ) - or, at least, their long standing Bloodline.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What do you want to take from each version? I tended to think about how Requiem for Rome could lead into Dark Ages: Vampire.

Comment

Isn't the Chimera Virus from Spilled Blood more or less the VtR version of the Tzimisce/Vicissitude?

Comment

The linked files in my signature are for straight-up clan conversions, but they could very easily be turned into bloodlines. Here's my suggestions. Banes and Favored Attributes are in the Curses of Caine link.
              • Assamite: Mekhet (Auspex, Celerity, Obfuscate, Praestantia) -- or use the Quietus conversion I did, or use the Suikast Conversion Second Chances did for Bloodlines: The Devoted (which is a little closer to how the Banu Haqim work in V5 now)
              • Brujah: Daeva (Celerity, Majesty, Resilience, Vigor) or Gangrel (Majesty, Protean, Resilience, Vigor)
              • Old Gangrel: Gangrel (Maybe add Vigor?)
              • Giovanni: Mekhet (Auspex, Dominate, Obfuscate, Vigor) or Ventrue (Auspex, Dominate, Resilience, Vigor) -- There's a conversion for Necromancy I did, as well as the one falco did for Bloodlines: The Resurrected
              • Lasombra: Mekhet (just use the Khaibit, and add Dominate instead of Auspex) or Ventrue (Dominate, Obfuscate, Resilience, Vigor, adding the Obten devotions) -- or use the Obtenebration Discipline conversion I did, though it's really just the Khaibit one arranged into a Discipline chain
              • Malkavians: Mekhet (Auspex, Celerity, Nightmare, Obfuscate)
              • Old Nosferatu: Nosferatu (or Mekhet???) (Animalism, Obfuscate, Nightmare, Vigor)
              • Ravnos: Gangrel (Animalism, Obfuscate, Nightmare, Resilience) -- or use the Chimerstry conversion I did (which is just V20 with some changes to make it more Requiem)
              • Toreador: Daeva (Auspex, Celerity, Majesty, Vigor)
              • Tremere: Mekhet (Auspex, Celerity, Dominate, Obfuscate); use Theban Sorcery and Cruac to model Thaumaturgy. That said, I think Tremere fit better as a covenant.
              • Tzimisce: Ventrue (Animalism, Auspex (or keep Dominate), Protean, Resilience) -- there are a lot of ways to model Vicissitude. You could easily use the Chimera Virus, or the conversion I came up with, or just Devotions. I think I have a Tzimisce bloodline conversion in my AP thread.
              • Old Ventrue: Ventrue (Animalism, Dominate, Majesty, Resilience); you could cut Animalism if you wanted to really fit their old model, but I don't know what you'd replace it with.
              Last edited by Yossarian; 03-22-2020, 11:20 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
              Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Yossarian, I must say - I simply love your post! ❤️ If any player will come to me and ask - 'Can I play VtM Bloodlines?' - I just show it.

As to VtM Tremere - I run them as secret faction in Ordo Dracul. Where normal Order of Dragon is about self-perfection and transcendence, Tremere are conspirators that want most occult power to basically rule everyone. And they steal as much Blood Sorcery - like Cruac or Theban - as they can. Power hungry bastards, every Dragon can be suspected to be. Inner Blood Bonds points even more how 'cultish' they are inside normal Ordo Dracul.

LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

just personally, i prefer my Giovanni to be Nosferatu-based. Just add Dominate, some Necromantic Blood Sorcery option, and emphasize the creepy-factor.

VtR 2v5 Homebrew: VtR 2e base with my favorite V5 mechanics

Comment

What about updating the Sangiovanni bloodline from 1st ed.?

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by nicodemus View Post
                      just personally, i prefer my Giovanni to be Nosferatu-based. Just add Dominate, some Necromantic Blood Sorcery option, and emphasize the creepy-factor.
                      That's kind of the fun of converting the Masquerade clans. They all contributed to the five archetypes in Requiem, so it's pretty easy to slot them in where you like. I'd probably make Ravnos into Daeva, for example, despite the OWoD Gangrel connection.

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                      What about updating the Sangiovanni bloodline from 1st ed.?
                      <cough>
                      https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...he-Resurrected

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines

Comment

Thanks 😊. But $7.50 is a lot for a book that’s only 28 pages long.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Thanks 😊. But $7.50 is a lot for a book that’s only 28 pages long.
                          You can also get it cheaper (relatively) here:

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...omplete-BUNDLE

Comment

Yossarian thanks. I’m probably still not gonna get the bundle unless there’s a lot of setting info in the bloodline books because I’ve never played V:tR and the crunchy parts are just a blur to me unless I’ve actually played the game. But I am gonna get Sic Semper Tyrannis. I didn’t even know it existed and I love Roman stuff.

Thank you 😊

Comment

Yossarian thanks. I’m probably still not gonna get the bundle unless there’s a lot of setting info in the bloodline books because I’ve never played V:tR and the crunchy parts are just a blur to me unless I’ve actually played the game. But I am gonna get Sic Semper Tyrannis. I didn’t even know it existed and I love Roman stuff.

Thank you 😊
                              There’s a BIT of setting stuff in the bloodlines books (more the second than the first), but I think you’ll really dig the Rome one!

Comment

Working...
                              X