Modern Bron?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern Bron?

It doesn't say anywhere but advise on modern bron?

I think that Bloodlines: the Legendary should have any information you need about modern Bron. Some may require some face lifting (it is still 1e, after all), but it should provide a solid base.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Yup, Bloodlines: The Legendary has you covered.

Patreon | He/His Pronouns | Currently writing: Tome of the Pentacle (OPP), The Hedge (OPP)

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

One of my iterations of them placed them as belonging to a cult comprised primarily of Bron and Khaibit. They travel around the world closing otherworldly portals and collecting relics. They are alternatively antagonistic to Changeling courts that are irresponsible with Hedge gates or potential cross splat allies that may be willing to help deal with Gentry whom they refer to as Fomorians.

Comment

on Khaibit

In their modern incarnation how good are they as "Vampiric butlers"

or should I Use a Revenant if that's all I Want.

Comment

Personally I found applying that trope to Khaibit to be moronic. They get shadow warping powers so that makes them good butlers? Only if your idea of a good butler is the ability to entertain guests with shadow puppets between assassinations.
            It's even less relevant now with the changes made to Obtenebration to make it a Strix hunting power.

Comment

Do you think Revenants Ventrue or What would be the best Vampiric Butlers then

Comment

Mekhet are discreet but ultimately I don’t think clan is much of an issue.

Comment

Would a kindred with a Revenant retainer take the social penalty for their Blood farm if they had it on a massive estate

Comment

Probably not or rather the estate counts as your neighbours and the ghouls might grumble about you and your boss might have some snide comments but that’s it. If the person who owns the estate doesn’t mind and shuts down the ghouls then you’re fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
                      Personally I found applying that trope to Khaibit to be moronic. They get shadow warping powers so that makes them good butlers? Only if your idea of a good butler is the ability to entertain guests with shadow puppets between assassinations.
                      It's even less relevant now with the changes made to Obtenebration to make it a Strix hunting power.

Truth be told, the "vampiric butlers" thing was meant to be a cover/deturpation/memetic mutation smokescreen, to be done away as a Khaibit PC recovered its long lost spirit-hunting roots from the get go, so it did serve a function early in the game, when those things were more inklings of a subplot than connected to anythnig major in canon.

With the Bron i must lamentably admit i never did much with (if ever), barely remember them beyond the "kindred with Fisher King/Grail syncretic overtones" roots and no idea of what their discipline or weakness do. Might give them a re-read one of those days.
                      Last edited by Baaldam; 07-16-2020, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Any idea how often a Revenant working for a Kindred could feed on them Using Predator as Prey.

Have to be some perks to being a butler or legbreaker.

Comment

A little off topic: Crochan
                          The signature discipline of the Bron, dark eras 2 suggest it derives from fae heritage.
                          It s only my impression or it is more werewolf themed than fae themed?

Comment

The Crochan discipline is cribbed from the cauldron magic of Crochan witches, who were descended from the fae.

Comment

Originally posted by tsusasi View Post
                              The Crochan discipline is cribbed from the cauldron magic of Crochan witches, who were descended from the fae.
                              Yes, but Crochan gives:
                              -accelerated healing
                              -enhanced tracking abilities for a designated prey
                              -the ability to form an alliance between equals based on a common goal

These powers reminds me more of a werewolf than a fae or changeling.
                              Am i missing something?

Comment

Working...
                              X