Strange Shades: Mekhet Now Available at Storytellers Vault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Shades: Mekhet Now Available at Storytellers Vault

So, uh, this isn't Bloodlines: The Ageless, but I think you'll like it?

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...-Shades-Mekhet
    We’ve met before.
    When?
    Whenever you heard a whisper in an empty room.
    Whenever a shadow didn’t seem human, but watched you all the same.
    Whenever a book fell from a shelf and opened to a page that began with your name.
    Well, that one time.
    To answer your next question: Yes, I saw.
    And it will cost you.
    — Jackie Kilpatrick, Mnemosyne wholesaler

Weird and wise among the Kindred, the Mekhet know the All Night Society’s dirtiest secrets — but they can’t keep them forever. Now, for the first time in more than a decade, shine a light on the Clan of Shadows.
    Strange Shades is an update and expansion of the first edition supplement Shadows in the Dark: Mekhet. It includes:
    • Seven Shadow bloodlines: The Család, Kuufukuji, Mnemosyne, Norvegi, and Qedeshah, re-imagined for modern nights, as well as the Byronic Leandros and the tech-bound Connected.
    • A Shadow Cult revival, delving into the elaborate conspiracies Mekhet use to dupe their victims. Revisit old friends in the Followers of Seth and the Moulding Room, and meet new ones among the Inconnu, disciples of the living Masquerade.
    • Three Night Horror entries to provoke and support your Shadow characters.
    • New Devotions, Merits, banes, and other tools for players and Storytellers alike!

Now, to drink.

PS: If you purchase, please consider leaving a review. It's really helpful!
    Last edited by Yossarian; 08-06-2020, 06:01 PM.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
    Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Well, that looks very interesting! Are the Norvegi in here still represent the last remain of some lost Clan? Just being curiouse. At any case, I would probably buy it in the next few days.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
      Well, that looks very interesting! Are the Norvegi in here still represent the last remain of some lost Clan? Just being curiouse. At any case, I would probably buy it in the next few days.
      That's one of the hooks for them, yes! This book is definitely for all you Clan Grettir die hards.

Comment

In fact, here's a little sneak peak of a sidebar in the Norvegi section...

Grettir — The Ones Who Held the Night

Within their veins was a blood older than their gods, but in the end it did not belong to them. These dark chieftains and slayers of men reigned over midnight lands for millennia before the burning times. They are only a rumor now — barely a sentence in a lost history — yet their blood may yet seep within the Norvegi. Blood that would rise again.

Nicknames: Warlords, the Old Clan

Clan Bane (The Vicissitudinous Curse): [REDACTED]

Favored Attributes: Resolve or Strength

Disciplines: Celerity, Protean, Vigor

Comment

Oh cool, I'm currently running a game of three Mekhet and was just looking through the old clanbook to prep for tonight's session.

Comment

Originally posted by DubiousRuffian View Post
            Oh cool, I'm currently running a game of three Mekhet and was just looking through the old clanbook to prep for tonight's session.
            I hope you find some useful stuff!

Comment

So while going through the book (which seems to be full of good stuff), I've noticed that in the Prince's Wrath rituals, the ritual self inflict a certain amount of damage to the user equal to 5 - Blood Potency. Assuming this is a error (as BP goes up to 10), should it be 10 - Blood Potency, or 5 - Lithopedia?

Also, just out of curiosity- is there a reason that you avoided trating Setite Cruac as the Chaos Magic style from Secret of the Covenents other than not wanting to relay on another book?

Other than that, this update looks really interesting and useful for both players and STs. I'll post a detailed review once Drivethru would let me do so.

I now blog in here

Comment

If I may ask, what had you decide to make a supplement for the Mekhet? Are they simply your favorite clan?

Comment

So what's the layout of this book? The original was like novella, with other works of fiction interspersed, which all tied into a story between the four other clan books, and appendices at the end that explained the mechanics of its new splats. So far, this book sounds like the appendices, but more of it.

Comment

Primordial newcomer from what it seems, they plan on making a 2e Clan Book for every major clan. At least, a Nosferatu teaser of "coming soon" is presented at the end of the book

Spencer from The Hills it is less of a novella and more of an supplement, not really an "expanded appendix" as much as its own splat book about providing different options for a Mekhet character

Personally, I really like what I've seen. While when hearing "Night Horrors" I've thought we'll see something in the style of the Wicked Dead while it is instead two ghoul families and a very unexpected antagonist, it is still all really cool.

I now blog in here

Comment

Primordial newcomer from what it seems, they plan on making a 2e Clan Book for every major clan. At least, a Nosferatu teaser of "coming soon" is presented at the end of the book

Spencer from The Hills it is less of a novella and more of an supplement, not really an "expanded appendix" as much as its own splat book about providing different options for a Mekhet character

Personally, I really like what I've seen. While when hearing "Night Horrors" I've thought we'll see something in the style of the Wicked Dead while it is instead two ghoul families and a very unexpected antagonist, it is still all really cool.
                      Oh ok, I'm sorry but by they do you mean "they"? Is Yossarian working with others on these books, or do you simply mean Yossarian when you say they?

Comment

Like, according to the STV, the book has a number of authors

I now blog in here

Comment

So while going through the book (which seems to be full of good stuff), I've noticed that in the Prince's Wrath rituals, the ritual self inflict a certain amount of damage to the user equal to 5 - Blood Potency. Assuming this is a error (as BP goes up to 10), should it be 10 - Blood Potency, or 5 - Lithopedia?

Also, just out of curiosity- is there a reason that you avoided trating Setite Cruac as the Chaos Magic style from Secret of the Covenents other than not wanting to relay on another book?

Other than that, this update looks really interesting and useful for both players and STs. I'll post a detailed review once Drivethru would let me do so.
                          The 5 - Blood Potency thing is intentional. If you're 5 or higher, I believe it says you still have to take a minimum of one lethal (though maybe I'll tweak that for final version). Making it 10 - minus BP torps most characters, and I wanted it to be something they could still do at low BP, even if it did carry a fair amount of risk. The narrative reason being that, in Immortal Sinners, Prince's Wrath was a Devotion only high Blood Potency characters could take.

I did consider adding the Chaos style as one of their Initiation Benefits, but as you said, I didn't want to reference too many other supplements that weren't the core (we kind of did too many as it is), and it didn't really work for human Sethites.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
                            So what's the layout of this book? The original was like novella, with other works of fiction interspersed, which all tied into a story between the four other clan books, and appendices at the end that explained the mechanics of its new splats. So far, this book sounds like the appendices, but more of it.
                            So yeah, this is a more straightforward mechanical supplement than the original clan books. Partially because we love those books so much, and didn't want to impose upon or continue that story, and partially because those kinds of narrative/artifact books take a lot of planning and resources.

That said, there is a short story that runs through Strange Shades, and it will connect with any future potential clan book updates/sequels.

Comment

Oh wow, 110 pages! Congrats on such a meaty book! I can't wait to dig into this later today, especially the shadow cults. A friend of mine might find those useful for an upcoming Mekhet character.

This also reminds me I should actually get around to posting more of my bloodline conversions here, like I said I would...

Consistently Inconsistent
                              Website
                              She/Her

Comment

Working...
                              X