Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Twist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Twist

    A condition that affects some kindred of the Nosferatu Clan.
    When someone becomes a Nosferatu, there is a chance that their body will alter in some way, giving a physical sign to the vampire's inhumanity. Sometimes this altering doesn't stop & merely slows to a very gradual pace. There are no mechanics to represent this change for the simple fact that it happens at too slow a rate, but it still happens, continuously, for the entirety of the vampire's unlife.
    A sufficiently old Nosferatu with the Twist, well, you would be forgiven for thinking they had never been human at all.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
    A condition that affects some kindred of the Nosferatu Clan.
    When someone becomes a Nosferatu, there is a chance that their body will alter in some way, giving a physical sign to the vampire's inhumanity. Sometimes this altering doesn't stop & merely slows to a very gradual pace. There are no mechanics to represent this change for the simple fact that it happens at too slow a rate, but it still happens, continuously, for the entirety of the vampire's unlife.
    A sufficiently old Nosferatu with the Twist, well, you would be forgiven for thinking they had never been human at all.

    I think there's a Nos elder in Ancient Mysteries - or maybe the Night Horrors series, can't remember for sure - that would fit that to a tee.

    Comment


    • #3
      I thought at one point, that maybe it's not just kindred of the Nosferatu Clan that can be afflicted with this condition. Potentially kindred of every Clan could have their own variation of the Twist. However, I couldn't figure out how the Twist would affect/effect(?) kindred not of the Nosferatu Clan. I mention this here in case anyone out there has any ideas for this.
      I'm not particularly optimistic, but one can hope.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Baaldam View Post


        I think there's a Nos elder in Ancient Mysteries - or maybe the Night Horrors series, can't remember for sure - that would fit that to a tee.
        The only vampire in the books that I can say definitely has been effected by this I found in Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Krat05 View Post

          The only vampire in the books that I can say definitely has been effected by this I found in Night Horrors: Immortal Sinners.

          Would have to check (i did say i wasn't quite sure of book source), but i think we might be talking of the same guy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Krat05 View Post
            I thought at one point, that maybe it's not just kindred of the Nosferatu Clan that can be afflicted with this condition. Potentially kindred of every Clan could have their own variation of the Twist. However, I couldn't figure out how the Twist would affect/effect(?) kindred not of the Nosferatu Clan. I mention this here in case anyone out there has any ideas for this.
            I'm not particularly optimistic, but one can hope.

            Bestial traits for Gangrel? Inhuman beauty for Daeva, with traits perfecting themselves over time?


            My Bloodline conversions
            My House rules

            Comment


            • #7
              There's a few other examples across the line - the Gangrel Clanbook has the Lambton Worm in it, most notably, but yeah - something happens to some vampires when they get very very old, such that their body becomes monstrous.


              Dave Brookshaw

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                There's a few other examples across the line - the Gangrel Clanbook has the Lambton Worm in it, most notably, but yeah - something happens to some vampires when they get very very old, such that their body becomes monstrous.

                I wouldn't say monstrous so much as inhuman/transhuman, as a supernatural grace/beauty akin to the fairest might be in synch with Daeva for example and Mekhet or Ventrue might go in other more peculiar directions too.

                Goddamn, and it just crossed my mind that the Mnemovores from Wicked Dead could be some twisted fruit of Dominate 3 abuse/misuse gone awry. That's, interesting i guess...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                  I wouldn't say monstrous so much as inhuman/transhuman, as a supernatural grace/beauty akin to the fairest might be in synch with Daeva for example and Mekhet or Ventrue might go in other more peculiar directions too.

                  Goddamn, and it just crossed my mind that the Mnemovores from Wicked Dead could be some twisted fruit of Dominate 3 abuse/misuse gone awry. That's, interesting i guess...
                  Inhuman can still be considered monstrous even if it's exaggerations of very human or even positive traits (see Mage: The Awakening). Transhuman doesn't really apply to vampires.


                  Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                  Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X