Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wait what’s the difference between Masquerade beast and Requiem Beast?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait what’s the difference between Masquerade beast and Requiem Beast?

This is not in anyway a edition war thing.

But I heard people discussing that requiem beast is more or less your vampiric instincts/ Id. Even if it’s sometimes implied Strix are the source,of the beast.

While like masquerade beast is a Alien creature.

You could check out this post.

Edit: You had already answered on the very next page, but it's still a pretty good explanation.
    What I can add is that VtR 2e is written with the assumption that the Beast is not an actual entity. It's merely what vampires call the parts of themselves that they wish to distance themselves from. Strix claiming otherwise are just full of bullshit. (Bullshit and malice are basically the only things you should ever expect from Strix.) Different writers may have different interpretations, though, and it may very well be a discrete entity in other books (especially in first edition or in books from other gamelines).
    Last edited by Tessie; 09-16-2020, 07:34 PM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Weeeeellllll.

To fair, there's a few places where that gets a little wonky and dis-believable, but that's mostly because Chronicles is a mystery setting. The Strix's claim is most probably bullshit, but there's enough edge cases to create pause.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        Weeeeellllll.

To fair, there's a few places where that gets a little wonky and dis-believable, but that's mostly because Chronicles is a mystery setting. The Strix's claim is most probably bullshit, but there's enough edge cases to create pause.

The nature of the Strix has a strong probability of being bullshit, the contemporary ones being wholly constructs of blood rituals, survivor guilt & paranoid dementia on the part of a few Julii remnants hiding among the Ventrue and little to no actual relation to the original strix that brought the Camarilla's fall.
        Last edited by Baaldam; 09-17-2020, 10:31 AM.

Comment

"You think it's me hiding in that pathetic dead brain of yours? You should be so lucky. One of us must have had a real laugh when it came up with that juicy little lie.

Well, let me to disabuse you of that stupid fucking notion. That cancerous, greedy voice that resides in your skull? That whisper that tells you to do 'bad' things? That's just... you. Locked up, lashed up, you. The real you.

That's what we find so funny! That you've decided your flesh is anything more than a fetid mask, and that the emotion and instinct and DRIVE that presses you into being the predator you were designed to be is false.

Hilarious. A real gut buster.

But then, the best fakes are the ones who don't know they're not real. So at least you've got that."

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
          Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
          Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

Working...
          X