Uplifted revenant as only way to get clan vampires

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Satchel View Post
    It's not. It's very clearly not, by any metric of "rules light" this side of straight roleplaying.

It's a Discipline exclusive to revenants that lets them better survive some of the issues with being a revenant and gaining/retaining Vitae. Vigor it ain't, but it's also short enough to be written in slightly less space than most of the clan-specific Disciplines.

The word "ratio" does not appear in the Discipline. I am reasonably certain English is not Neos's first language and they are likewise not privy to your personal hangups about how they abbreviate "the Vitae you get from the previous power now sticks one-for-one instead of one-for-two."
    Ah ah yeah Penelope, sorry for my wacky english.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
      Thank you 😁.
      As you can imagine i am very very happy but also very very tired. Haha

Continuing on the revenants.
      The discipline would help greatly reduce the problem of revenant being too unstable so i'm definitely taking note of that.

Its interesting that one of the first thing brought up would be that there would be strickter measures to make sure revenants dont rise up. I really hadnt thought in that angle.
      Do you all think this would mean we'd see a much lower average population of vampires in a domain?

Also i had the thought that the Circle of the Crone would have a cruac ritual that would virtually increase the blood potency of a vampire only in regard to creating a revenant. Somehow it feels that the Circle would be the covenant the least hostile to the creation of revenants.
      Considering that Revenant creation is not reliable as standard embrace, if a vampire wants to turn a human into his child he must consider that there is an high risk of simply killing him.
      This would discourage most kind of "nice" embrace situation, and encourage the "i need a disposable pawn" ones.
      Most "embrace" would be simply botched feeding with no time or resources to dispose of the corpses.
      For mechanical reasons, elders with high blood strenght and low humanity vampires have higher probability to generate a revenant.
      In general vampires would be more cruel and manipulative, whith messy sire - childe relationships.
      Elders would use ghouls as cannon fodder, with the "embrace" resulting from death considered as a reward for services.
      Young rebellious neonates would purposely lower their humanity in order to create more revenanrs by feeding, to better survive against tyrannous elders.
      A very interesting scenario....

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
        Young rebellious neonates would purposely lower their humanity in order to create more revenanrs by feeding, to better survive against tyrannous elders.
        Or poach Revenants that others have made.

Comment

Does humanity affect the revenant roll?
          I thought the roll was just Roll Blood Potency. Get a success and you end up with a revenant.

Completed campaign: Scion 2nd Edition. Les Légendes Currently playing: Being a dad for a 3 year old daughter and a 2 years old son and now a beautiful new baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
            Does humanity affect the revenant roll?
            I thought the roll was just Roll Blood Potency. Get a success and you end up with a revenant.
            You roll blood potency when a ghoul dies, with a success he rises.
            When you kill someone while feeding you roll humanity +2, with a failure the victim rises

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

Considering that Revenant creation is not reliable as standard embrace, if a vampire wants to turn a human into his child he must consider that there is an high risk of simply killing him.
              This would discourage most kind of "nice" embrace situation, and encourage the "i need a disposable pawn" ones.
              Most "embrace" would be simply botched feeding with no time or resources to dispose of the corpses.
              For mechanical reasons, elders with high blood strenght and low humanity vampires have higher probability to generate a revenant.
              In general vampires would be more cruel and manipulative, whith messy sire - childe relationships.
              Elders would use ghouls as cannon fodder, with the "embrace" resulting from death considered as a reward for services.

Could make an interesting revamp of the "Anarchs x Elders x caitiffs/thin-bloods" social & power dynamics from Masquerade too, i guess.

Comment

Working...
              X