• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baaldam
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosencroft View Post
    Evening everyone,
    Its about a vampire that flees burning Rome and destruction of Camarilla to Thracia ( moderm day Serbia ) where he establishes a dynasty that would see rise and fall during the Dark ages.
    Not wanting to be too much of a nitpicker, but i think Thracia has little to no relation to modern Serbia but Bulgaria and some parts of modern Greece and Turkey? Kind of confused here.

Leave a comment:

• Live Bait
    replied
    If each house is one clan only then the Dynasty Membership merit is sufficient for your needs, beyond that depends on what they get from being in charge of the whole thing (and how many steps there are between 3 dots in DM and the top job).
    As I mentioned above I would be tempted to write up a Mystery Cult to represent the cooperation between the different houses maybe requiring 3 dots in Dynasty Membership before you can join it but you could have a merit for wider status in the whole Vennic Dynasty but if you do that it’s probably best to start your players off with one free dot in clan and vennic status and Dynasty Membership so they don’t have to spend all their xp on social stuff.
    Last edited by Live Bait; 12-23-2020, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rosencroft
    replied
    Thats the thing, I will allow them to rise to be House leaders. That os why Im asking should i make one merit to represent the entire Vennic dynasty or should they each have separate merits to upgrade/buy?

Leave a comment:

• Live Bait
    replied
    You could treat the Dynasty as effectively another covenant or make a Mystery Cult to represent it. Remember that if something is unavailable to the players like being the founder then there’s no reason to try and balance it or make it a merit so some of your concerns might be redundant.

Leave a comment:

• Rosencroft
    replied
    The story wpuld be that in modern nights, descendants of that Dynasty ( Vennic ) would be several Venteues, Daevas and a Mekhet.

They would be targeted by Striges and possessed kindred and they would start unveiling mystery of the grudge Strix hold against them for long forgotten crimes.
    They would pinpoint their common origin to a now ruined castle and mount an expedition/excavation.
    There they would slowly unveil history of Vennic and their downfall.

Also big mystery would be whether the Founder ( Vendrick ) was a Ventrue or Julii

Leave a comment:

• Rosencroft
    replied
    Dynasty (of the Founder) would be represented as a merit
    Then I would somehow represent all the other Houses as sub-dynasties, for each House would have different unique gifts or bloodlines. I just don't know how to mechanically represent different stages of membership with merits.

In my head it goes like this:

Dynasty Founder
    House Founders
    House members

But aome of the houses/bloodlines would hail from different clans. Because not all of the Houses fit thematically to a same clan

Leave a comment:

• Aurumae
    replied
    Given that the game will be starting out in the 4th or 5th century, the Invictus doesn't exist yet. So whether the "canon" Invictus lets you have multiple bloodlines in a dynasty or not, there's no reason why you couldn't have it be otherwise for this character, after all they'll be the one writing the rules.

Another option would be to take a look at Night Horrors Spilled Blood. Some of the Bloodlines in that book are available to multiple clans, or even to all clans within a covenant. You could pick one of those as the Dynastic Bloodline (or invent your own) - everyone in the Dynasty has to join this particular bloodline.

Leave a comment:

• Live Bait
    replied
    The Invictus have a practice of leaving everything to someone else when you face torpor and then when you wake up you share everything they have and look after their stuff when they torpor, such relationships usually top out at 3 members. The Dynasty Membership merit in the core book is intended for single clan membership since it requires Clan Status to take it.
    Now that’s out of the way it should be relatively easy to rework anything you need to to make this work for your game, what would you want to represent with the merits?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X