Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vohzd (War Ghoul) in Requiem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vohzd (War Ghoul) in Requiem

    Does exist statistics and mechanics for this creature translated for Requiem? How would you stat them?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    Does exist statistics and mechanics for this creature translated for Requiem? How would you stat them?
    Do you mean a vohzd crafted using an homebrew 2ed vicissitude bloodline discipline?
    Or a sort of blood magic construct (in this case in secrets of the covenant it is listed a similar ritual) ?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Neos01 View Post

      Do you mean a vohzd crafted using an homebrew 2ed vicissitude bloodline discipline?
      Or a sort of blood magic construct (in this case in secrets of the covenant it is listed a similar ritual) ?
      The former. Let's say the translation of a Tzimisce war Ghoul

      Comment


      • #4
        RE: Vohzd

        I wrote up an version a while ago using the Horror rules from the Chronicles of Darkness corebook. I figured it was easier to strip the concept down to its core (a horrible flesh-crafted monstrosity) then getting caught up in disciplines and blood magic. In this write up I left the back story open enough for a ST to fill in the blanks.

        Vohzd
        The exact origin of the creature called the “Vozhd” is unknown. It was recovered from an abandoned laboratory by a team of agents working for the Cheiron Group (the second such team, the Vozhd destroyed the first). The creature is a mind numbingly awful, multi-limbed hulk of flesh – seemingly comprised of multiple human and animal bodies fused together and weighing nearly 2 tons. The word “Vozhd” was taken from a nameplate outside of the shattered cell where the creature made its lair. While not mindless, it lashes out violently at the least provocation (unless heavily sedated, at which point it exhibits a degree of human intelligence). The creature currently resides under heavy sedation at an undisclosed location. All other information recovered from the laboratory has been classified.


        Virtue: Determined; Vice: Violent
        Aspiration: Crush, Kill, Destroy
        Mental Attributes: Intelligence 1, Wits 4, Resolve 4
        Physical Attributes: Strength 8, Dexterity 4, Stamina 8
        Social Attributes: Presence 3, Manipulation 1, Composure 3
        Skills: Athletics 3, Brawl 3, Intimidate 6, Survival 3
        Merits: Demolisher, Indomitable, Iron Skin 2 (Advanced, Epic), Striking Looks 2 (Nightmarish)
        Potency: 4
        Willpower: 11
        Size: 13
        Initiative: 7
        Armor: 2
        Defense: 7
        Speed: 18 (Species Factor 6)
        Health: 21
        Weapons/Attacks
        Bite [+0L melee; 11 dice]
        Smash &Trample [+1L melee; 11 dice]
        Dread Powers: Hideous Strength*, Madness & Terror, Many Limbed*, Mass Slam*, Regenerate

        Hideous Strength: The creature’s might is truly formidable; by spending a point of Willpower, the Horror can increase its Strength by its Potency until the end of the scene. Furthermore, it adds its Potency as automatic successes on Strength + Stamina rolls made to perform a feat of strength, such as lifting a massive object or breaking free of restraints.

        Many-Limbed: The Creature has a collection of additional limbs, which could be additional arms, legs, tentacles or stranger appendages. These limbs fail and strike at any nearby target. As long as the horror has it Defense available and is not Dodging, any character coming into the monsters reach takes one point of bashing damage. This damage continues once per turn as long as the enemy stays within range, and occurs on the enemy’s turn. If the creature spends a point of Willpower, this damage becomes one lethal until its next turn.

        Mass Slam: The horror is adept at using its monstrous bulk to crash into groups of smaller adversaries. The creature may inflict Smash &Trample attacks upon multiple adjacent targets with a combined Size 13. Roll its dice pool separately for each target, but count it as only one attack.




        The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
        Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
        The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
        Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
        Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Reighnhell View Post
          RE: Vohzd

          I wrote up an version a while ago using the Horror rules from the Chronicles of Darkness corebook. I figured it was easier to strip the concept down to its core (a horrible flesh-crafted monstrosity) then getting caught up in disciplines and blood magic. In this write up I left the back story open enough for a ST to fill in the blanks.

          Vohzd
          The exact origin of the creature called the “Vozhd” is unknown. It was recovered from an abandoned laboratory by a team of agents working for the Cheiron Group (the second such team, the Vozhd destroyed the first). The creature is a mind numbingly awful, multi-limbed hulk of flesh – seemingly comprised of multiple human and animal bodies fused together and weighing nearly 2 tons. The word “Vozhd” was taken from a nameplate outside of the shattered cell where the creature made its lair. While not mindless, it lashes out violently at the least provocation (unless heavily sedated, at which point it exhibits a degree of human intelligence). The creature currently resides under heavy sedation at an undisclosed location. All other information recovered from the laboratory has been classified.


          Virtue: Determined; Vice: Violent
          Aspiration: Crush, Kill, Destroy
          Mental Attributes: Intelligence 1, Wits 4, Resolve 4
          Physical Attributes: Strength 8, Dexterity 4, Stamina 8
          Social Attributes: Presence 3, Manipulation 1, Composure 3
          Skills: Athletics 3, Brawl 3, Intimidate 6, Survival 3
          Merits: Demolisher, Indomitable, Iron Skin 2 (Advanced, Epic), Striking Looks 2 (Nightmarish)
          Potency: 4
          Willpower: 11
          Size: 13
          Initiative: 7
          Armor: 2
          Defense: 7
          Speed: 18 (Species Factor 6)
          Health: 21
          Weapons/Attacks
          Bite [+0L melee; 11 dice]
          Smash &Trample [+1L melee; 11 dice]
          Dread Powers: Hideous Strength*, Madness & Terror, Many Limbed*, Mass Slam*, Regenerate

          Hideous Strength: The creature’s might is truly formidable; by spending a point of Willpower, the Horror can increase its Strength by its Potency until the end of the scene. Furthermore, it adds its Potency as automatic successes on Strength + Stamina rolls made to perform a feat of strength, such as lifting a massive object or breaking free of restraints.

          Many-Limbed: The Creature has a collection of additional limbs, which could be additional arms, legs, tentacles or stranger appendages. These limbs fail and strike at any nearby target. As long as the horror has it Defense available and is not Dodging, any character coming into the monsters reach takes one point of bashing damage. This damage continues once per turn as long as the enemy stays within range, and occurs on the enemy’s turn. If the creature spends a point of Willpower, this damage becomes one lethal until its next turn.

          Mass Slam: The horror is adept at using its monstrous bulk to crash into groups of smaller adversaries. The creature may inflict Smash &Trample attacks upon multiple adjacent targets with a combined Size 13. Roll its dice pool separately for each target, but count it as only one attack.

          Thanks. It is a good example. I like especially Mass Slam.
          Peraphs I'd rateher lower a point or 2 from dexterity to move them to Strength and Stamina

          Comment

          Working...
          X