Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SPECULATION] VtR 20th Anniversary Edition in 2024?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPECULATION] VtR 20th Anniversary Edition in 2024?

As per topic title: do you think it is possible that VtR will receive its own 20th Anniversary Edition like VtM did? Would you be interested in such an edition? What should and what should not be included in it? Should Onyx Path make it? Do you think Paradox will allow it to be made (assuming Paradox will continue to be the owner of CofD)?

Anyone?

One thing is for sure: nothing is for sure.

I'd really love to have a fresh new ViR edition but I don't believe it'll happen. ViR is far less famed than VtM unfortunatelly and, apparently, it is not being carried on. I also believe that not delivering physical copies to shops didn't help its notoriety. In fact, many players, in my country, know about ViR 1st ed. but never heard about the 2nd ed. which is far better than the 1st one.
    It's being a while that there are no news about any new project about ViR.
    For the above mentioned reasons I'm led to believe it's a dead project, at least at the moment.

Do I hope it'll be taken back in future? Yes, I really do. But so far I have no good vibes about it I hope to be wrong.

Comment

I don't think that will happen, for VtM there are so many editions that it feels appropriate to advertised it that way. Also, it doesn't feel to me that 2E is bloated or that we really need a new edition. More books? Yes, please.

My Bloodline conversions
      My House rules

Comment

V20 was a revival of a game as part of a marketing plan involving the entire oWoD franchise which had at the time been discontinued for 7 years.
        VtR is still alive and the current edition of the CofD game system is still going strong. (Though I get the doubts since this is a time where all RPGs and supplements are released at a glacial pace, and OPP is one of the worst offenders among experienced RPG developers/publishers.) While a lot of things can happen during the last few years, it can't be stylised according to the X20 revival games because it's for a different franchise handled by people who has gone out of their way to separate the two franchises, and I don't see much use for a game system update when they still haven't finished updating all the 1e games yet (though they're getting quite close now).

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

It would be a good place to put a lot of the bloodlines, tighten up some unexplained rules, show new locations and maybe some dark eras, and show some metaplot.

But I'd rather have some supplements. Tessie's probably right, it's not out of print or anything, you can buy a Second Edition without needing to fulfill some desire for nostalgia. Might be better to pick another anniversary, anyways, considering how many people get mixed up already just with two games with the name Vampire in them, adding a 20 to the mix wouldn't help.
          Last edited by nofather; 01-05-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            It would be a good place to put a lot of the bloodlines, tighten up some unexplained rules, show new locations and maybe some dark eras, and show some metaplot.

But I'd rather have some supplements. Tessie's probably right, it's not out of print or anything, you can buy a Second Edition without needing to fulfill some desire for nostalgia. Might be better to pick another anniversary, anyways, considering how many people get mixed up already just with two games with the name Vampire in them, adding a 20 to the mix wouldn't help.

Most of that doesn't require a new edition. All of them could just come out in a supplement.

(Also, plz no metaplot, thanks).

My Bloodline conversions
            My House rules

Comment

As others have said, it would be too confusing when V20 is already a thing, and Requiem doesn't need a new edition. More supplements for Requiem 2e would be better for the line than any kind of revamp/rewrite

Comment

Working...
              X