No announcement yet.

Better Feared: Nosferatu Now Available at Storytellers Vault

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't there be a crude meter or something that shows approximately how long there is until the next clan book?

Comment

Originally posted by Excess View Post
      Couldn't there be a crude meter or something that shows approximately how long there is until the next clan book?
      The first clanbook, Strange Shades, came out on August 6th of last year. Better Feared came out on January 9th, about five months later. By my guess, the next book will be out in June.

I admit, Yossarian, I'm curious myself as to how the Ventrue Clanbook is coming along.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Lord Potato View Post
        The first clanbook, Strange Shades, came out on August 6th of last year. Better Feared came out on January 9th, about five months later. By my guess, the next book will be out in June.

I admit, Yossarian, I'm curious myself as to how the Ventrue Clanbook is coming along.
        It's coming along! I've got most of the first drafts in, the art is in process, and I'm hoping to get redlines to everyone shortly. As for an estimate, I don't want to jinx it, so "soon". I might preview (truly preview) some stuff once final drafts come in.

Here's my teaser: Malkavia is a big part of this book, and it's going to be... very different.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

Actual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
        Masquiem: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2nd
        Storytellers Vault: Author Page

Comment

Oh hey, for all you Ventrue lovers, I did the name reveal for the next book on Twitter, so here it is for y'all:

(Incidentally, you can follow me on Twitter if you want to see some occasional previews)

PS: That isn't the cover, just some splat art for a new covenant...

Comment

False Gods sounds a lot more like a Daeva book than a Ventrue book. Majesty beget worship. Dominate beget obedience. While a god might demand both, I definitely think of worship first. A worldly/monarchal title like king or emperor would fit better, imo, though I fully admit it'd probably not sound as good or interesting.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Love the title and the mention of a new covenant.

Also, my brain suddenly latched onto "Above and Below" as a potential name for the Ventrue/Nosferatu bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                False Gods sounds a lot more like a Daeva book than a Ventrue book. Majesty beget worship. Dominate beget obedience. While a god might demand both, I definitely think of worship first. A worldly/monarchal title like king or emperor would fit better, imo, though I fully admit it'd probably not sound as good or interesting.
                Without going too deeply into my stupidly obsessive process figuring out the book title, I did throw around the thought of making it the Daeva one (though I think it would’ve been False Idols for the Serpents). But, there are certain themes/concepts in the book that made this fit a bit better for the Lords, and I wanted something that was a little unexpected. YMMV, naturally. I briefly considered “Power Corrupts: Ventrue”, but the Lord Acton quote is such a cliche at this point.

My real regret is that I’ll never come up with anything as catchy as Lords over the Damned. Now that’s a theme statement!

(On a related note, I’ve backed myself into SUCH a corner with this title format, and it’s much too late to change it.)

Comment

Will point out that the coil of Ziva if it raises a kindreds effective humanity to 10 will completely suppress the nosferatu curse contrary to what it says in "Ease the curse"

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                    Will point out that the coil of Ziva if it raises a kindreds effective humanity to 10 will completely suppress the nosferatu curse contrary to what it says in "Ease the curse"
                    It will indeed. The text in Ease the Curse even references it obliquely. “None have succeeded” is a little poetic license; “None have succeeded except Dragons who buy that one Coil that kind of breaks the game” doesn’t have the same ring, ya know?

(Secrets of the Covenants is an AMAZING supplement, but Coil of Živa is...frustrating. I get what it’s going for, but I think it needed another draft. I’m pretty permissive about obscure content in chronicles, but it’s one of the few things I don’t allow at my table.)

Comment

Working...
                    X