Thoughts on Guiding Star?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Guiding Star?

"When cast, the Storyteller comes up with a location within the same domain. Characters holding one of the enchanted coins always know what direction it is in, even if they’ve never been there. This location is particularly safe and abundant in mortal life; it acts as a five dot Safe Place, a five dot Haven, and a five dot Feeding Grounds Merit. Any character attempting to find those within or even the location itself suffers -5 to any relevant rolls. Characters that have been to the sanctum forget its location once they’ve left, but if they
    possess a coin, they may use it to return.
    The location remains bountiful and safe for one night. The sorcerer may spend Willpower points to extend its sanctity for one night each, indefinitely."

I'm planning on using this exciting ritual as an important setting element in my chronicle. Has anyone else here used it? I'm having a hard time imagining how exactly it works. The combination of people forgetting where it is once they leave, and it remaining bountiful and safe only as long as the willpower is spent, makes me suspect that people are drawn to it sorcerously and make up their own reasons, a la the Summoning devotion. Similarly, I'm guessing that the caster is already recognized as the owner when they enter.

But I don't know, the ritual is very mysterious. What do you guys think?

Which book is it in?

I'd need further context than probably just the effect as listed, it sounds like the sorcery reveals an abusrdly potent location that fits the criteria (possibly twisting circumstance to make it happen) and to make it open knowledge to those who possess the coins. Pretty simple sorcery, based on the effect as it goes.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Secrets of the Covenant p 196
      Last edited by Deinos; 01-25-2021, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deinos View Post
        Secrets of the Covenant p 196
        Thanks, I'll double check it later today and see if I got it right.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Working...
        X