Lancea Blood Feuds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancea Blood Feuds

Got today a dream. Two older Kindred - Anachilla, if I remember correct term - have a great argument. Quarrel goes by decades now. The only solution from Lancea Sanctum priest is 'God's Judgment' - fight to the death between feuding vampires. Sacred duel, where no other Kindred can interfere. God will choose the winner.

Just some idea from my dream.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Isn't Monocacy (kindred duels) more of an Invictus thing. Perhaps you should look into Savonarola and the burning of the vanities for an appropriate way for the lancea et sanctum to settle it's differences. I heard that Savonarola was defeated in a "monk off" to determine how much god favored him. Try challenges like walking on coals or holy ground or accepting god's judgement through Theban sorcery. Historically trial by combat was more for the nobility. Try dunking in holy water or some other contest of skill, perhaps dueling preachers to a crowd or a debate on theology against an impartial judge. Or it could work in a city with heavy Invictus influence.

Comment

Originally posted by Laguz 24 View Post
      Isn't Monocacy (kindred duels) more of an Invictus thing. Perhaps you should look into Savonarola and the burning of the vanities for an appropriate way for the lancea et sanctum to settle it's differences. I heard that Savonarola was defeated in a "monk off" to determine how much god favored him. Try challenges like walking on coals or holy ground or accepting god's judgement through Theban sorcery. Historically trial by combat was more for the nobility. Try dunking in holy water or some other contest of skill, perhaps dueling preachers to a crowd or a debate on theology against an impartial judge. Or it could work in a city with heavy Invictus influence.
      A very fair point.

L+S ​congregations would probably care far more about somehow showing divine (dis)favor for the individual and one's role as a monster in the service of god than anything else.

Shows of prowess, martial or not, that has always been more of a macho/bravado/status sensitive thing, one actually opposed (ineffectively) by religious and state institutions through the centuries.
      Last edited by Baaldam; 02-12-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X